Buffy Not To Be Re-Vamped After All As Hulu Passes On Pilot

I feel like this was always going to be difficult. Buffy is not just a show, it is something many people grew up with. Trying to continue that without making it feel forced is not easy. I respect that they tried to bring in a new Slayer instead of copying the old story. That shows some effort to be creative. But I also think fans can be very critical. If the tone changes too much, people complain. If it stays the same, people say it is outdated. It is a very narrow path to follow. When Zhao said they wanted to protect the original, I understood that. Maybe the safest choice was to stop instead of risking a negative reaction. I would still be curious to see what they made, even just one episode.
 
Damn that’s rough. I was really looking forward to seeing what a new Slayer story could be like in 2026. Ryan seemed great and having Sarah pop up would’ve been awesome. But if the director herself says she saw it coming, then the problems were probably deep. Hope they don’t give up on the idea completely. Buffy universe still has so much potential.
 
I was actually looking forward to this, so I feel disappointed right now. I like the idea of a new Slayer because the old show already told Buffy’s story well. It makes sense to move forward instead of repeating. But at the same time, if the people making it felt unsure, maybe stopping is better than releasing something weak. I respect that Chloé Zhao said they wanted to stay true to the original. That tells me they were careful, not careless. Still, I question Hulu’s decision because they promoted it for so long. That creates expectations, and then they just cancel it quietly. That part feels wrong to me. I also wonder what Sarah Michelle Gellar’s role was. Even one scene sounds important. I think there is more behind the scenes that we are not being told. For now, I would rather wait than get something that damages the name.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top