British Power Rangers Anyone?

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
Okay, so with all this talk of Power Rangers being axed.. EDIT: I know this is all just speculation but..

I remember hearing somebody on this board saying when Power Rangers Jungle Fury was aired on Jetix UK got more ratings than it did in the US (am I right?)

So, if Power Rangers are getting more ratings in the UK and less in the US, would it be possible that Disney could pass the rights to Power Rangers onto the BBC or Channel 4 or some British company, to do a British version of Power Rangers or some sort of British adaptation of Super Sentai.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think many kids channels or even the big ones have the budget for it. Kids TV is mostly digital channels now, Power Rangers doesn't quite fit in the after school/ saturday morning BBC line up because of the main age of the audience and the almost total lack of popularity now.
It would be cool, but the long running kids shows in that slot are still around because they're cheap and popular. PR is expensive with all the stunts and special effects.
 

But didn't the BBC use special effects in Doctor Who?
 
But didn't the BBC use special effects in Doctor Who?

Yes, but Doctor Who is one of their most popular series, and even so it's not that heavy on the fanciest CG, just lots of make up and stuff. Plus it's only 11ish episodes per series (5 this year). It also has a broad audience. Power Rangers goes at least 30 episodes each season, and hasn't had that kind of popularity since the earlier Saban years when it was still 'cool'.
 
So... if they can't do a British adaptation of Power Rangers then, would it be possible if they could just do what they did in France and Korea and get the original Super Sentai series and dub it in English? I know they might have to censor some bits because of Offcom's over strict rules..
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…