Brave Gokin Grendizer - The big disappointment

Grendizer

Member
Hello

I'm new here and I'm from Kuwait. Two days ago I received my Brave Gokin Grendizer which I've been waiting for for more than a year and a half.

I was quite disappointed to discover that it has many, many flaws.

I opened the box and the first thing I noticed was that the right horn was not attached to the head, it can be glued back into place sure, but that was only the first of many discoveries about this high end collectible.

The left arm turned out to be faulty. It does not lock into place and therefore you can't create any poses with it. Even the just standing with arms to the side pose looks wrong because of that. I thought as far as looks go, it does look very good and to my knowledge it's the first Grendizer to be able to make a perfect docking with Spazer ( no need to shorten the legs like SOC GX-04 Grendizer )

It's heavy so it does have a lot of metal in it. Then something else happened when I was trying to create a pose for it with the final weapon ( Double Harken / Double Edged Sickle) The weapon comes in 4 parts like it does with every previous Grendizer release. Except with this they made the connecting peg for the rods in such a poor way, the peg broke when I attempted to gently pull the rods apart. The only way to be safe is to connect it only once and leave it there, but that's no good because I like to store my figures in their boxes.

I haven't gotten to testing the other parts yet but I have a feeling that this won't be the end of it. This is my first Brave Gokin line purchase so I have no idea if the previous entries had similar problems or not. Just wanted to let people who order this know what to expect. Thankfully I ordered two of them and the other one didn't have a broken horn and both arms work fine.

I made this video here to show the faulty left arm for the figure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYXPloCYEZI

Defect example pictured left.

 
Last edited:
Why were you waiting a year and a half for it?

April 2012....That's when it was first announced as the next release in the Brave Gokin line. I had my hopes up high but so far there have been numerous reports from friends and fellow Grendizer collectors who have faced similar quality issues.
 
Ah I thought you ment delivery took that long. Was thinking "don't buy from that website again!" Lol
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top