Brad Hawkins From VR Troopers Interview

Masked Rider

Masked Rider Has Returned
Brought to you by http://american-toku.com :)

​

What was your favourite VR Trooper Moment On/Off set?

I had a blast on set pretty much every day! My cast members Sarah and Mike became my close friends. We were always cracking each other up in between takes and always keeping it new on set. I mean how many times can you say "Trooper Transform" and not laugh your head off??

Do you Still Keep in touch with Michael Bacon (J.B) and Sarah Brown (Kaitlin) or any other cast from the show?


I haven't spoke to Mike in years...like 10...Sarah is still a very close friend of mine. We speak about once every 2-3 weeks. She's a proud mom and has become an amazing actress. I'm very proud of her.

Can you refresh me on the ending of VR Troopers I can quite seem to remember was Grimlord ever properly destroyed?

Grimlord wasn't ever "destroyed." His fate was never resolved. We left it open for the 3rd season, but that never happened.

If the show came back on air with a new season would you play a character in it or even a cameo role?

Ha Ha!! If I came back, I would probably be the Dad that no one knows where he is! But yeah....out of novelty, I would do an appearance....VRT was my first show ever, so I have a special place in my heart for it.

Did you get to keep any props or costumes from the show?

My prized possession is the amulet I wore around my neck. It was givin to us on our wrap date for the second season. I have it in a secured locker with my other special momentos.

Which did you prefer Ryan's 1st or 2nd season costume?


Hmmm....I liked my Arm Sabor.....It was always cool to watch the footage of me jumping in the air and cutting the enemies in half!! Although, in the second season, I LOVED the new costume!! Secretly, I was always jealous of J.B.'s Laser Lance.

Was there ever anything mentioned about a VR Trooper/Power Rangers team up?

There WAS talk about it....and we were all excited about it, but it never happened.....too bad.

You did the ADR work for Trey the Gold Ranger on Power Rangers Zeo. How did that come about?


That happened in the middle of when we were talking about making me the new White Ranger. We teased the audience with my voice but ended up revealing Jason David Frank as the new White Ranger.

Sidenote: 0_o;

Ok so lets move away from the VR Troopers, What was it like playing a villain on Fastlane?

"Fastlane" was, and still is, my favorite role. I played a "good guy" on VRT so long, I was dying to play a bad guy...Fastlane gave me that chance! I had so much fun playing that character.

I listed to some songs from your band Automatic (www.automatictheband.com) I must say I am quite impressed what inspired you to get involved with music?


I've always had music in my life. I was raised around music. I played country music professionally for 4 years after I finished VRT. We toured, made a few videos, and had a blast! Automatic was a group of my good friends here in L.A. We all loved rock and roll and wanted to do a side project and play out....nothing serious, just for fun and get a chance to play the Sunset Strip!! I had a blast with them too.

So what future projects such as movies, music etc have you got lined up?

I'm working on the new Fox series "24" right now. It's pretty "hush hush" but I'll keep you in the loop!!

So what are your favourite pastimes? Whenever Brad gets a day of what does he do?


I love the beach. I live about 10 minutes away from the beach so I try to go there as much as possible. In this crazy city, the beach is so peaceful. Other than that, I love hangin' with my friends. I have a great/small group of friends that I cherish.

Seeing that you were one who is your favourite Superhero?

Hmmm...I've always been a Superman kind of guy! But why do we always have to wear tights???!!! haha

Any last words you would like to say to your fans?

For the ones that stay tuned all these years, THANKS!! VRT was a very special show for me. It was my first show and I learned more about acting, friends, martial arts, and the business than ever before in my life. We worked almost 15 hours a day filming that show and did ALL our own fight scenes on camera, so, without a doubt, it was the HARDEST work I've ever been associated with. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed doing it!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was an ok interveiw, but some stuff is still not asked. I wanted to know if he's married and if he ever met any other Saban co-stars. and its funny he said he teased as the white ranger when if Jason would've stayed as Ryan Steele Colin Mayo the guy who played Richie wouldve been the white ranger. Colin also dated Amy Jo.
 
Nice Interview :thumbs:

So, if there was a third season, would it take footage from B Fighter (thus, Beetleborgs not existing).
 
Rising Sun Ranger said:
So, if there was a third season, would it take footage from B Fighter (thus, Beetleborgs not existing).

I've always wondered if they would have used Juspion, with J.B. as Juspion and Kaitlin as Madgallan...*shudders*

If anyone needs a good laugh...go to YouTube and watch Ryan's 2nd transformation (into Shaider). Hawkins' Adam Sandler like posture and terrible line reading is hilarious. It's nice he had a good time making that show, metal hero fans had a good time laughing at it.
 
Ryan Steele on 24?

...Finally, a reason to watch that show...

So Ryan was considered for the roles of the White AND Gold Rangers? Man, did Saban want that VR Troopers crossover badly...
 
Shougo Kuroiwa said:
I've always wondered if they would have used Juspion, with J.B. as Juspion and Kaitlin as Madgallan...*shudders*

If anyone needs a good laugh...go to YouTube and watch Ryan's 2nd transformation (into Shaider). Hawkins' Adam Sandler like posture and terrible line reading is hilarious. It's nice he had a good time making that show, metal hero fans had a good time laughing at it.
Not sure if he even knows about Metal Heroes. There was no mention of it in the Interview.
 
Skyknight said:
Ryan Steele on 24?

...Finally, a reason to watch that show...

So Ryan was considered for the roles of the White AND Gold Rangers? Man, did Saban want that VR Troopers crossover badly...

Thank god that the "Troopers" weren't used in Forever Red...:laugh:
 
Awesome interview.

I remember being so upset that it wasn't him revealed to be Gold Ranger, but instead it was Trey. I got over that when Jason came back.

But Brad would have made an awesome Ranger.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top