Bioware bans people from forums... and their DLC

I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate edition for only $40 on eBay (it's brand new), and right now I have no intention buying DA2 except when it's on the bargain bin. I love Mass Effect 1, but was a bit disappointed on the simplicity of ME2 and the lack of RPG elements that made the first game so amazing. Bioware is showing that they are emphasizing action over depth and complexity, and I for one don't really like the direction they are heading.

ME is weird with the RPG elements IMO. I feel ME's strength in the RPG department come in the ways of story progression rather than gameplay.

ME to me is a shooter with some RPG elements, not the other way around.
 
ME is weird with the RPG elements IMO. I feel ME's strength in the RPG department come in the ways of story progression rather than gameplay.

ME to me is a shooter with some RPG elements, not the other way around.

I agree with you about that with ME2.
 
I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate edition for only $40 on eBay (it's brand new), and right now I have no intention buying DA2 except when it's on the bargain bin. I love Mass Effect 1, but was a bit disappointed on the simplicity of ME2 and the lack of RPG elements that made the first game so amazing. Bioware is showing that they are emphasizing action over depth and complexity, and I for one don't really like the direction they are heading.

Yeah DAO was amazing, and ME1 was the reason I bought a 360. ME2 while good, was mostly just bang bang shoot shoot. They made a big deal about your crew, but when it got right down to it most of them were just extra padding to make the game longer. Most of them didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I meant more on the "Bioware are not little kids part." While they are not blaming EA for DA2's issues, they sure as hell not amounting up to it themselve that the product is well below their own standards. Instead, they pathetically cling to "it's a great game" and all the bad reviews are a 4chan raid.

Yeah I agree with you here. This DA2 crap has pretty much made sure myself and many others will never buy a Bioware game first run again.
 
[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2978-Dragon-Age-II"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Dragon Age II@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/2978-80935984a95f0c4ef92d30f1a907e950.js@@AMEPARAM@@2978@@AMEPARAM@@80935984a95f0c4ef92d30f1a907e950[/ame]

The best DA2 review.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top