Arc Rise Fantasia Dub Death

It's not particularly difficult to undub a Wii title, so it won't be a huge issue for anyone who really needs to play it with a decent vocal track. When you get down to it all though, this is the American market we're taking about here, and JRPG or not, the majority of people would rather have a poorly done dub (though lets be perfectly honest, we've all heard worse in our time) than only having a Japanese option.
 
It's not particularly difficult to undub a Wii title, so it won't be a huge issue for anyone who really needs to play it with a decent vocal track. When you get down to it all though, this is the American market we're taking about here, and JRPG or not, the majority of people would rather have a poorly done dub (though lets be perfectly honest, we've all heard worse in our time) than only having a Japanese option.

Well first off I have no desire to get a modded wii, nor to soft mod the one I have. I don't buy that about the American Market taking any dub they can get. That used to be true when it was the norm. SO2, RE1, and a few others, but now with quality dubs like ToV and others the quality should not be taking a step back. If the majority of the people were fine with a crappy dub, then this game should have no problems selling right? I just don't see that happening.

You might be right on all counts, but I really hope you arn't :/
 
There better be a Dual Language Setting cause I don't want those voices to be grating on my ears.

Curse you, Ignition Entertainment! Your crappy localization strike again! If only XSEED didn't lose their rights to publish it. Even if they might cast Johnny Yong Bosch as the main character but still, it wouldn't be worse as this!
 
There better be a Dual Language Setting cause I don't want those voices to be grating on my ears.

Curse you, Ignition Entertainment! Your crappy localization strike again! If only XSEED didn't lose their rights to publish it. Even if they might cast Johnny Yong Bosch as the main character but still, it wouldn't be worse as this!

While he does a lot of voice work, he at least does quality work.
 
I just wish they could've been more diverse with their main character roles instead of casting Johnny Yong Bosch too much. This doesn't sit well with his retirement plans I heard about somewhere on the web.
 
If the majority of the people were fine with a crappy dub, then this game should have no problems selling right? I just don't see that happening.

Well, I can't really say it won't have any problem selling. That depends on the overall demand of Wii owners for another RPG. They're pretty rare on the system to begin with so that works in it's favor. Then again, who's to say what % of the western install base really goes for RPGs to begin with? Overall quality of the rest of the game matters as well, obviously. Most reviews I've seen for the import place it in the 7.X range, giving it good game play and controls, but average everything else (though I'd disagree as I particularly enjoy some of the music).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top