Anyone been watching the Decade reruns? (spoilers)

Is there a source for this? It conflicts with what I've read, where the staff (particularly the producers) were keen to include Showa Riders later in the series to tie in with All Riders.

It was actually from an interview with the producer, I can probably search for it later. He said that initially the staff and himself didn't like the idea, but they eventually were convinced that it worked and ended up going with it. He doesn't say that they were forced to include them, but he still mentions that the initial reaction to the idea was negative.
 
I found the place I originally saw that... it's a Brazilian blog about tokusatsu and anime that sometimes translates Japanese magazine articles and interviews. Unfortunately, he doesn't give a specific source for the statement I had mentioned before.

http://universo-otaku.blogspot.com/2009/08/kamen-rider-w-comentarios.html

Translating the relevant fragment to English:
Shirakura was against the inclusion of the Showa in the movie, and said that the idea was to include only Heisei, however, thanks to what he calls "waru-nori"(bad influence), he ended up accepting to make this mix of Riders.

But, yeah... he doesn't give a source for that, although usually that blog is reliable.
 
Hm. I have the magazine the scan comes from (Toei Hero MAX Summer 2009 issue) and I don't see any such line. Shirakura does mention that they hadn't thought about including the Showa Riders until episode 1 was finished, when they realized that they needed something on the same scale as the Rider War scene for the movie. Bringing back the Showa Riders is something that had been considered back during the 35th Anniversary, so they decided to go ahead with it for the Decade movie and tie-in episodes.

In another book Shirakura gives an interview where he mentions that having recently seen Amazon, he wanted to explore that kind of character again, hence his inclusion on the show.
 
Did they ever mention why they didn't hold something like that off until a series that would celebrate the franchise as a whole and not just (well it seems like it was originally meant to) the Heisei stuff?
 
Does anyone have a translation of Natsumi's narration in the new ending?


"I will still believe in Tsukasa"


My interpretation of her narration :P


[HIDE]In the end it paid off since in Movie War 2010 Tsukasa had no choice to destroy the Riders since he knew it was the only way to save them.[/HIDE]
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top