A Goseiger Spin-off: "The Other Side of Seaick"

So, hi there, I've decided to do a Goseiger spin-off... a story focused on Hyde, so please enjoy! This is the first chapter!

Chapter 1: Seaick: Alone

"I was born alone and would live alone
I thought it was certainly natural for me to live in such a way"

A Song For xx - ayumi hamasaki

Hyde was listening to Ayumi Hamasaki’s “A Song For xx†on his iPod on the way back from a trip to the underwater world. He had wanted to ask the other Gosei Angels along, but the Skyicks wanted to attend a concert, and the Landicks were going to watch a wrestling match.

Hyde sighed and looked across the subway; it was late and there wasn’t anyone in the carriage, so what he saw was his reflection on the glass. He was alone, and in Hyde’s heart, that wasn’t something to be ashamed or afraid of.

He knew he was fated to be alone when he had defied his father’s orders and left the Seaick tribe to come down to Earth for a Gosei Angel internship. Seaicks were a group of water-based angels, and they held pride in their tribe – so much pride that they often think themselves as superior to the other tribes.

But Hyde wasn’t such a Seaick; he always felt the need to unite the tribes together, so as to create a greater peace for everyone. Even in his own tribe, with such a different opinion from the rest, Hyde was already alone.
This was a secret he didn’t tell the others though. “Do they even know this?†Hyde thought to himself as the subway stopped at his stop. Standing up with his head almost hitting the ceiling of the subway, Hyde sighed once more before walking out of the subway.

“There’s nothing wrong in being alone; I had always been alone and will continue to be like this. At least Ayu-san* understands how I feel… I guess,†Hyde thought. Sometimes, he doesn’t know if he’s the one who wedged a barrier between him and his comrades, or if it was the other way round. He was sure he had tried multiple times to communicate and fit into his comrades, but something was just wrong.

For example, the Landick siblings, Aguri and Moune were all about the action. Once, Hyde went with them for a farming trip over the weekend and got mud all over his body. Not fun, at least to him that was, because the Landick siblings seemed to be really enjoying their “mud bathâ€. Another time, he brought them to a dolphin show and Aguri fell asleep in the midst of the show, which had led Hyde to believe that the Landicks were a bunch of uncouth angels who knew nothing about appreciating the arts or the beauty of things.

The Skyicks, Alata and Eri who were childhood friends, were all about the fun of things. Hyde could nevde er understand how on earth could everything be fun to the Skyicks, when clearly, some things were not meant to be funny. There was this one time where the Skyicks brought Hyde to a sky-diving trip. It wasn’t the most fun of all things for Hyde, but he went along anyway. He ended up breaking his parachute, and the sky-diving instructor needed to do a landing while holding onto Hyde. Needless to say, that was the worst of his days on Earth, yet the Skyicks could still laugh at him after that. He didn’t know what was so hilarious about him screwing up something like sky-diving, and he didn’t speak a single word to them in the next week.

Hyde kicked a can of empty Asahi beer on the street as he sighed again. “If only there was another Seaick who could appreciate what I appreciate, and understand what I understand…†he muttered to himself as a chilling wind blew past.

Hyde was turning into the street where Nozomu’s house was a, when he heard a bloodcurdling scream. He froze for a second, before he started analyzing the situation.

“The scream’s pretty loud so there must be something going on nearby, I need to go check it out,†he contemplated as he sped off to the direction where the scream was coming from.

There, in a nearby playground, was a bunch of children who were surrounded by a large, gross monster. The monster had an uncanny resemblance to a cockroach, with a black armor and sharp, slick knife-like objects for its arms. Hyde instantly identified the monster was part of the Warstars, a group of aliens who have been trying to invade Earth.

“Ah children, you all look sweet and tender, wonder if your flesh tastes as good as how you look?†the monster asked as he approached the children. They screamed and tried to fun but there was something jutting out from the ends of their pants that prevented them from doing so. The monster could fire projectiles apparently, and these projectiles were stopping the children from any movement. Like helpless insects caught on a spider’s web, the children could only struggle as the monster inched closer.

“Here I go!†the monster exclaimed as it raised its arms up, ready to devour the children.

“Blue Check!â€

A strong voice shot through the silent night sky as blue projectiles shot out from behind the monster and hit it. The monster crumbled down as it mumbled, “What the heck…â€

Hyde had already transformed into GoseiBlue as he charged towards the monster and children. “Blue Check!†he announced once again as the blue projectiles shot out of Hyde’s bowgun. The monster fell once more as Hyde pushed it out of his way, and he rushed to the children.

“Quick, run!†Hyde shouted as he pulled the projectiles out of the children’s pants. With ironic faces of pure terror and amazement, the children sped off as they shouted a gingery, “Thank you!†to Hyde.

“Damn you Goseiger! I was planning my dinner too!†the monster said as it stood up.

“That’s far enough, Warstar!†announced Hyde as he aimed his bowgun to the monster’s chest.

“Don’t call me that! I have a name all right; I am Germania**!†Germania exclaimed as it hit its arm against its chest in pride.

“Ah, and now you are going down!†shouted Hyde as he released the trigger of his bowgun.

“Blue Check!â€

Shots of blue arrows shot out of his bowgun as they flew towards Germania. But just as they were about to hit it, Germania used his arms and fired projectiles, deflecting the arrows.

“Damn it!†Hyde said to himself as the arrows fell to the ground.

“Now this is the end of you, Goseiger!†announced Germania as it drew its feelers out, resembling daggers and flung them towards Hyde. Hyde held his arms in defense as the razor-sharp flew towards Hyde…

“Blue Sonic!â€

Blue projectiles, similar to Hyde’s attack, lit up the dim playground as they hit Germania’s daggers, hitting them on the ground.

“What the…†Germania said as it turned around.

There, stood a man, donned in navy blue, just a shade darker than Hyde’s own suit. His helmet was almost similar to Hyde’s except the animal motif on the side of his helmet looked much gentler and rounder – almost like a dolphin.
By this time, Hyde had de-transformed, and was back to his original form. His mouth was gapped open in awe as he stared at this new Goseiger standing just before him.

“Germania, you had enough of fun! Now it’s your turn to be down!†the mysterious Goseiger exclaimed.

“Dolphin Bow!†with that, a bow magically formed on his hands as he pulled the bow back and aimed towards Germania. The tension of the string could be heard in the silent playground as an arrow formed on the bow.

“Seaick Arrow!â€

A sky-blue arrow shot out of the bow as it hit Germania’s chest. Sparks flew around Germania as he exploded.

“Noooooo!†it exclaimed, as the last of Germania blew up in an orangey flame.

“You okay?†the mysterious Goseiger asked as he headed towards Hyde and slowly de-transformed.

“Uh, yeah I guess,†Hyde answeredas he got up.

“Just who is this guy?†he thought to himself.

---

* Ayu-san: literally meaning Miss. Ayu; Ayu is the nickname that fans give to Hamasaki Ayumi

** Germania: as in Germs + Mania. disgusting cockroach it is...

Read and review please! I will appreciate feedback so much!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it seems like no one is really interested in this fan fiction... But it's okay, I'll keep posting until people get interested and start to review! Maybe I'm just not grabbing enough attention with my story at this point of time... :) So here is chapter 2!

Chapter 2: …Partner?

“For anyone to be loved by someone,
Makes life in this world shine
If it was me, I’d make your heart warm once more
With eternal tendernessâ€

Love in the Ice - Tohoshinki

Hyde stared at the hand in front of his eyes. Suddenly, it felt like forever since someone had reached his hand out for him. All these while, Hyde was alone, and even with the other Goseigers, he had his own style of fighting, and he fought alone most of the time. Thus, to have a hand reach out to him, a warmth surged through Hyde’s body. Even a simple gesture as that felt so surreal.

“Hey, at this rate, my hand’s gonna be numb broken!†the mysterious man exclaimed, followed by a hearty laugh, which was very uncommon for a Seaick, as they are usually serious and level-headed people.

“Uh… ah okay. Thank you,†Hyde said as he held the hand reached out to him and got up. The warmth that he felt earlier on grew stronger as his hand touched the hand that was reaching out for him.

Hyde took a good look at the mysterious man and tried to remember if he had seen him before.

The man was about as tall as Hyde, and his body was just a little more muscular than Hyde, as his arms were bulging, just a little. The man’s jacket was similar in design to Hyde’s, but instead of Hyde’s navy blue, the man’s jacket was sky blue. The man had donned a pair of navy blue jeans as well.
“Jeans? That’s too frivolous for a Seaick!†Hyde thought to himself as he glanced downwards. The man had a pair of white loafers on, which was too casual for Hyde’s taste. In fact, the man was dressed way too casually for Hyde’s liking.

“I can’t believe he’s a Seaick…†Hyde thought to himself once again as the man reached forward and embraced Hyde.

“The name’s Shun!â€

Hyde could not register whatever had just been said at all. Every of his five senses were shut off, and the only feeling tingling in his body was warmth. Immense waves of warmth surging his body, almost melting his cold, lonely heart, before he rejected all of them. Hyde pushed Shun off, sending him flying back a few inches.

“I don't like being touched, just to let you know,†Hyde explained as he straightened his jacket and crossed his arms.

“Hey, hey, it’s fine with me, but you gotta relax man! It was just a hug!†Shun answered. To Hyde, Shun was the worst example of someone from the Seaick tribe; no Seaick had ever been as casual and relaxed as Shun.
“If you need to introduce yourself, you have to at least to do it formally, because that’s the right way to do. My name’s Hyde,†Hyde said as he reached his hand out.

“I couldn’t remember his name earlier so it’s better if I find a way to make him introduce himself again,†thought Hyde to himself as he smirked at his genius way to save him from embarrassment.

“Nice to meet you, Hyde! I believed I have introduced myself just now, so let me test you – what is my name again?†Shun replied as he shook Hyde’s hand.

“This guy’s hand sure is cold…†Shun thought to himself as Hyde pulled his hand away from him.

“Uh… you are… um…†Hyde stuttered as he tried to recall the name of the man standing in front of him. But he could not recall anything; except the warmth that he felt from that embrace, that warmth which almost made him cry.

“Damn, what the hell is this man doing…†Hyde thought to himself as Shun gave a mischievous smirk. Hyde hated that smirk so much, because it felt like Shun was mocking at him, and that Shun could almost see through Hyde that he did not register Shun’s name, and Hyde did not like being seen through at all.

There was an awkward silence before the silent coldness got broken with Shun’s laugh.

“Ahaha, hmm never mind, my name’s Shun, so remember that all right!†Shun laughed as he patted Hyde’s shoulder.

“I said, I don’t like being touched,†Hyde snapped as he pushed Shun’s hand off his shoulder. The warmth from Shun was overwhelming, but Hyde tried to resist it, or rather, he was afraid to accept it.

The sudden feeling of not being a loner anymore; the feeling of feeling warmth again, was too surreal, and too much for Hyde. So to avoid this confusion, he could only reject the warmth he felt from Shun, again and again.

“Oh man, no need to get so touchy on getting touched, do you?†Shun asked as he laughed once more. Hyde did not understand what was with Shun and laughing, because if it were Alata, he could understand; the Skyicks were known to be optimistic and jovial people after all. But the Seaicks are serious and composed people, and Shun did not behave like a Seaick, and that bothered Hyde so much.

“Say, aren’t you a Seaick? You certainly don’t behave like one, do you?†Hyde asked sarcastically as he glanced at Shun. Shun’s innocent eyes stared back at Hyde as he trembled a little; no one had ever made Hyde feel this way… this afraid.

“Ahaha, who decides the way one should behave? It’s more important to be yourself, right? At least, that’s what I believe in and I’m doing that now,†Shun answered as he took a few steps forward.

“Man… you don’t really care rules do you?†Hyde questioned, a little cross about Shun’s frivolous behavior, but even more curious of Shun’s care-free and come-what-may attitude. He was a Seaick, yet he behaved nothing like a Seaick. This irony was too interesting for Hyde, and it felt almost like a necessity to analyze this person right before him.

Shun laughed Hyde’s question off as Hyde ran to catch up with Shun.
“Where are you going anyway, and why have you suddenly appeared? Did Master Head send you here?†Hyde shot off with a series of questions as he tired to catch his breath.

“Well… before I answer all of these, man am I hungry! May I visit your home and perhaps have a little reward for saving you a while ago?†Shun asked as he gave a sheepish grin. Clearly, demanding for rewards was not his forte.
Hyde gave a sigh as he looked at Shun. As much as he disliked Shun, it was still a fact that Shun saved his life.

“Follow me,†Hyde said as he took the lead, walking down the quiet street lit by the nightlights. Under the moonlight, two shadows were formed, and the differences between the shadows were invisible, yet they exist somewhere, deep in the two Seaicks’ hearts.

Hyde turned the key around the doorknob as a click was heard, and he pushed the door open.

Nozomu’s house was a comfy little hut, and the Goseigers resided under this house with Nozomu and his father, under the pretence of local university students studying about the environment.

“Whoa Hyde, is this where you live? Cool beans!†Shun exclaimed in delight as he entered. Indeed, Nozomu’s house was a wonder, with a huge telescope right in the middle, shooting out of the roof, like a giant that was too tall for a house. A spiral staircase revolved around the telescope, leading to the different levels. In a near distance, the fragrance of roast chicken lingered, slowly making its way to Hyde and Shun’s noses.

“Garlic, onions and basil,†both Hyde and Shun said as their Seaick nature instinctively got them to analyze the condiments of the roast chicken. Hyde turned and looked at Shun in amazement. Even though Shun did not behave or look like Seaick, he certainly had the analytical ability of one.

“All right, if you want dinner, then follow me,†Hyde said in a commanding tone as Shun nodded his head and trailed after Hyde.

“Alata, you pinched food again!†Eri exclaimed as she hit Alata’s hand away. Eri was a dainty lady who had her chestnut brown hair tied up in a ponytail and donned in a comfy-looking pink jacket.

“Ah Eri, it was just a little!†protested Alata as he gently rubbed his hit hand. Alata was a petite man who had the haircut of a young schoolboy and very delicate features. He had a red jacket on, similar in style as Eri.

“Eh onee-chan, these two are always making a din during meal times, aren’t they?†chuckled Moune. Moune was a vivacious girl, who had wavy brown hair and a child-like voice; donned in her sporty-styled yellow jacket, she indeed was one energetic person.

“Ah yeah. You two should quiet down before Hyde comes back and starts with his sighing routine!†mocked Aguri, who had bleached light brown hair and deep, mysterious eyes. Like his younger sister, Moune, he was wearing a sporty-styled black jacket.

“So I suppose you have met the Skyicks and the Landicks,†Hyde announced as everyone else turned their heads back.

“Hy… Hyde,†Aguri said sheepishly as he blushed from his embarrassment of speaking bad of Hyde behind his back.

“Hey Hyde, so who did you bring home today?†Alata asked innocently as he looked at Shun with curious eyes.

“Ah, everyone, this is Shun, a fellow Seaick who saved me from a Warstar earlier on,†Hyde said as he turned towards Shun.

“EH?!†everyone’s reactions were unanimous as they all stood up together.

“Shun…?†Eri asked as she tiled her head to her left.

“Fellow… Seaick?†Moune wondered as she stared at Shun in disbelief.

“Saved you from a Warstar?†Aguri questioned as he alternated glances between Hyde and Shun.

“Well, well, it’s rare that Hyde brings a guest home, so let’s prepare an extra set of cutlery for Shun shall we!†Alata exclaimed as he clapped his hands and headed to the kitchen. Moune decided to bring another chair to the table and Eri ran into the kitchen as she shouted, “Alata, Alata let me help you!â€

Aguri crossed his arms as he glared at Shun.

“Is he really another Seaick? Is he one of us? How random this whole thing is…†Aguri thought to himself, but his thoughts were broken as Moune knocked into him by accident.

“Eh, sorry onee-chan!†Moune exclaimed as she dragged a chair towards the table.

“Hey Aguri; is that it? What are you doing just standing and spacing out? Come join us!†Shun asked as he grabbed Aguri’s arm and pulled him towards the table.

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, Shun,†said Hyde as he hit his palm against his forehead.

The six had their dinner and Shun proceeded to explain everything. It turned out that he had gotten sick of life at the Gosei World and decided to sneak out, but the Heaven Tower was unfortunately destroyed by Derepta, one of the three commanders of the Warstars, and Shun had to take a risky leap from the Gosei World. He had planned to sneak to another planet but by mistake, he had landed on Earth.

“Ah, so that was it, eh?†Eri asked as she tilted her head to her side once again. It was a bad habit, but it would take awhile for her to shake off this habit.

“Yeah, that was what happened!†Shun answered as he placed his arms behind his head.

“So, where do you plan to go now?†Moune asked, “It’s pretty late at night so it’s dangerous to be alone outside, I guess,†she added on.

“Ah, it’s all right! Ahaha a man can handle any storms outside!†Shun explained as he gave a charming smile. Hyde did not know why, but he felt something stirring in his stomach; it was an uncomfortable feeling, yet it felt so warm, like something he had never felt before. Was Shun’s smile the cause of it?

“Yeah since you will be all right outside then you had better leave now,†Hyde said, trying to shake off the odd tingling sensation running through his body. He then grabbed Shun’s arm and dragged him towards the door.

“Oh… hey, hold on, I’ve not given everyone a proper good-bye yet!†Shun said as he tried to struggle himself out of Hyde’s grab. Hyde was a lanky man but he had an unbelievable strength.

“Hold on everyone! Master Head has something to say!†a cutesy voice suddenly shouted out as everyone turned their heads around.

There, stood a machine resembling an arcade game machine, and on the screen was an animated face, with a pair of large round eyes.

“Infotass!†Shun exclaimed as he ran towards the machine, “You came to Earth too huh!†he added on.

“What…? My name’s Datass and I’m an information machine sent by Master Head to help the Goseigers. My name’s not Infotass!†Datass exclaimed as a twitched appeared on the screen, resembling a cross face.

“But… but you look just like Infotass! Maybe your voice is about five octaves higher than Infotass, but man everything else is the same!†Shun said in bewilderment as he continued touching Datass.

“You probably have a similar machine back home. I never knew Gosei World had such machines developed everywhere… I guess we were away from Gosei World for too long…†Hyde said as he trailed off in silence.

“Oh is that so? Well, this is interesting!†Shun exclaimed once again as he turned to face Hyde.

“Er-hem, so as I was saying, Master Head has something to say to you, Goseigers!†Datass announced as the animated face on the screen fuzzed off to reveal an image of a large head resembling an Eastern Head statue with intricate designs all around it. Right at the middle of the head was a pair of yellow, lighted circles, which resembled eyes.

“Master Head!†everyone exclaimed as they looked on at the image on Datass’s screen.

“Goseigers, I need to let you know something important. Hyde, I understand that it has been hard on you all these while to be alone without a partner, so I have assigned a partner to come down to assist you. This person may not be welcomed by you, so please try to accept him. But please do not let him know that I altered the winds so that whejumped out of Gosei World, he would land on Earth. Ah I see, he is right there next to you, Hyde. He is your new partner while you all are on Earth, Shun.â€

“EH?!†exclaimed everyone.

The announcement came so unexpectedly that Eri tilted her head to her side again.

“But… how… why do I even need another partner, Master Head?†Hyde questioned as his jaw dropped.

“Well, for this, it… i…s… be… be… because…â€

The voice from Master Head grew weaker and fuzzier as the image on Datass’s screen blanked out. Apparently, they had lost the signal to Master Head again.

Hyde stared at Shun in disbelief as he thought to himself, “I have a partner… again?â€
 
i like where you are going so far! and it's quite an easy read so that's a definite plus. i think it's interesting to see how hyde manages with a partner considering that it looks like he didn't have one in the beginning or he had one and something happened.

chapter 3 please?
 
Thank you whirling storm! I'm writing Chapter 3 now so it'll up pretty soon! (^_^) and thank you for reading this... it means a lot!
 
Ah finally I've got Chapter 3 done! I realized that I got Moune's honorifics for Aguri wrong; it should be Onii-chan, not Onee-chan *facepalm*, I'll edit the chapters that had that mistake.

***

Chapter 3: Tacit Understanding

"The more you pretend to be strong, the more I see your weakness
The more you bare your fangs, the more I see your pain
Because you shed tears as if you were laughing
And laugh as if you were crying"

kiss o' kill - ayumi hamasaki

---

“I don’t trust this guy,†Aguri rambled on as he grabbed a dirty dish near him and started scrubbing. That night, he was in charge of doing the dishes, along with Eri.

“Eh? Shun seems like a pretty friendly guy, right? Sure he doesn’t behave like a usual Seaick but it’ll work out!†Eri said, as if it was a response to what Aguri had just said.

“Eh?†Aguri muttered to himself as he turned his eyes to Eri. Eri was wiping the dishes and humming to herself displaying a cheerful disposition as usual, “It just seems pretty random and odd why he would just suddenly appear and then get appointed as Hyde’s partner!†Aguri added.

“Well we don’t know anything as of now, but somehow it’ll work out, I’m sure of it!†exclaimed Eri as she began wiping the next dish. Aguri shook his head and sighed; never mind that Eri was too frivolous to notice anything, Shun’s sudden appearance was just weird and suspicious to Aguri, and he was not going to just sit and watch everything happen.

“I have to do something,†he thought to himself.

“Aguri! Aguri, where are you going?†Eri question as Aguri sped out of the kitchen. “Ugh now I have to do all the dishes myself!†she added in exasperation.

“So this is my room. There was only me all these while, so I guess we have to get you a bed tomorrow. For tonight, I’ll sleep in the living room. Is that okay?†Hyde explained as he showed Shun around the “Seaick roomâ€. A wallpaper of an ethereal underwater world covered the whole room, and a beautiful shade of blue covered the room in a serene and surreal hue.

Shun trailed behind Hyde, in awe of the decoration of Hyde’s room. Suddenly, he began to wonder what the others’ rooms might look like. So far, he knew that although they were from the same tribe, Alata and Eri had to sleep with Aguri and Moune respectively because of gender issues.

“Heh, what’s the problem anyway? Alata looks and behaves like a girl; it’s not like Eri should be worried of…†Shun’s thoughts were broken by a violent grab of his collar.

“You’re a Warstar right? Quit disguising and show yourself!†Aguri exclaimed as he shook Shun, as though wishing to shake off a mask off Shun.
“Aguri! Stop your nonsense!†Hyde shouted as he intervened, pushing Aguri away from Shun, “Shun’s not a Warstar; he’s one of us, a Gosei Angel!†he added, while stopping Aguri in his tracks as he tried to run towards Shun again.

“Onii-chan!†Moune exclaimed as she, Eri and Alata were already in Hyde’s room. Although it was a pretty small room, the six of us managed to fit into the room just fine.

“I… I just don’t trust this guy all right!†Aguri yelled as he shrugged Hyde’s hand off.

“Whoa… whoa… Dude, I never expected to be such a suspicious character around here… I’m sorry everyone, I guess I should get out of here before anything worse happens…†Shun muttered as his downcast face hanged in silence. He then dashed out of the room as everyone looked upon.

“Aguri, what have you done!†Alata exclaimed as he turned around, “Hyde you should chase after him,†he added as he turned to face the rest again.

“Ah, I got it,†Hyde answered as he dashed off as well.

“Onii-chan… seriously why did you do that to Shun just now? He’s our comrade now!†Moune exclaimed as she glared at Aguri. Behind her followed the stares of Alata and Eri.

“Wh… what?! Doesn’t anyone find it bizarre that this Shun guy just came into our lives? And now he’s gonna be Hyde’s partner? This is obviously a Warstar plan!†Aguri yelled as he ruffled his bleached brown hair.

“But it’s Master Head’s plan and instruction that Shun comes down to help Hyde… it’s not like you don’t know Master Head; he would never fall for the Warstars’ trap!†Eri explained as she tilted her head to her side.

“Besides, it’s not like we don’t know what happened to Hyde…†Alata said as his voice trailed off in silence.

Apparently, Hyde had a partner just like everyone else before they landed on Earth but he was killed by a Warstar before they managed to get their Tensounders and Gosei Cards.

Since then Hyde had been fighting alone, and had always walked alone. The others had tried communicating with him, but alas, the differences of their tribes proved to be an everlasting and irremovable barrier.

“But it also feels like Hyde has put a barrier of his own as well, isn’t it?†Moune asked as Aguri started looking away from the others out of guilt.

“Yeah… I guess after losing his partner back then, he had been afraid of losing someone else…†Alata answered as he shook his head.

“Perhaps this is why Master Head planned for Shun to come down! I hope Hyde manages to find Shun and persuade him to come back. I’m sure it’ll work out somehow!†Eri exclaimed as she clapped her hands, “All right, everyone, it’s pretty late, let’s head to bed!†she added on as she tapped everyone’s shoulders and pushed a reluctant Aguri to his room.

The night sky outside was a serene scene with crickets chirping and a full moon shining brightly among the glistening stars. The air was still and silent, and even the drop of a pin could be heard amongst the almost eerie silence.
“Hey, Shun, please stop!†Hyde bellowed, his voice echoing in the vast and bare streets.

Shun stopped suddenly as his loafers braked against the paths. Both their pants filled the silent air up as they tried to catch their breaths.

They took a seat at the swings at a nearby playground; the playground where the laughter of children shone brightly in the day, was now engulfed in a deadly silence in the middle of the night.

“Shun, I am really sorry about Aguri just now… I mean he is a rash person so please forgive him for his rudeness.â€

“Say… why are you trying to be so understanding here? It’s kinda obvious none of you believe that I’m just some passerby; I’m a Warstar-in-disguise to all of you!â€

“It’s not important if I trust you or not; I only know that since it’s Master Head’s instructions, then it must be something I have to follow.â€

“Oh? Well, you know what? I don’t give a damn about Master Head and his stupid instructions. Whoa man, I didn’t even want to be your partner, or part of the Goseigers. I just wanna get out of this whole saving-the-earth deal and find an adventure for myself!â€

“PROTECTING THE EARTH IS AN ANGEL’S DUTY!â€

Their conversation came to a standstill as Hyde lost his cool, a rare occurrence, and the silence took over once again. Hyde looked away from Shun as Shun just stared in shock at Hyde. The man just lost his cool, and it was all because of him.

“Hey, dude, uh I’m really sorry I made lose your cool. You know, maybe you’re right, I’m just a little too…†Shun said in stutters but his words were abruptly cut by Hyde.

“Look, I apologize for raising my voice at you just now, but I just don’t know how to deal with a new partner!â€

“Whoa… did something happen to you?â€

“I used to have a partner like the others; I used to be able to confide my troubles or thoughts to someone whom I knew could understand me!â€
“So… if you don’t mind me asking, what happened to him?â€

“He was killed by a Warstar… while trying to protect me… No one knows how much guilt I feel from this whole incident; if only I’d been stronger, if only I could protect him as well, then he wouldn’t have died…â€

“Hey dude, I’m sorry about your partner, but you don’t just live in the past all the time. He isn’t gonna be happy knowing that he’s got a partner like you who dwells in the past!â€

Hyde looked into Shun’s eyes as the warmth he felt all along from Shun suddenly surged through his body like rushing waves. He felt something prick in his eyes and quickly lowered his head before he felt tears flowing down his cheeks.

“Yeah, I know that, which is why I’ve always been trying to open up myself to the others, but no matter how hard I try, they can’t understand what I think and how I feel…â€

“Dude…â€

“So when Master Head assigned you to be my new partner, I didn’t know what to do. I know it’s natural to follow Master Head’s instructions, but… could I really do this? Can I really have another partner without screwing him up again?

I… I don’t want to end up being too weak and risking your life to the Warstars; I’d rather be alone than to…â€

Hyde felt a delicate finger on his lips as his words were cut. He looked up slowly to see that handsome face, which belonged to the man who just saved him a few hours ago: Hyde’s new partner.

“Hey, dude… I know it’s probably gonna be hard on you, but you’re really not being fair to yourself by dwelling in the past all the time. You know what? I’m your new partner, and I don’t care if you’re too weak to protect me, because if that happens, then I’ll protect you. We’ll protect and support each other, right?â€

“I thought… you didn’t want to be part of the Goseigers…â€

“As what you said, that was you thought. Now I’m in, and all that’s left is for you to accept me, are you willing to do that?â€
h. I guess we have to work together with the rest to fulfill our duty as Gosei Angels.â€

“Well, we’re all happy now! By the way, were you crying just now? I saw it!â€
“Wh… What, no, I wasn’t! Something was in my eye!â€

“Now now now, are you gonna start lying to your new partner before we even fight together?â€

“What? Why you… Hey, hey, stop running!â€

The two Seaicks raced around the playground, while the moon glistened ever so brightly with the stars forming the shape of the Seaick tribe’s logo.
Sometimes, shutting yourself off from everyone else because the past may cause you to lose sight of the other people who want to love, understand and support you.

***

Please read & review! :laugh:
 
"Hyde felt a delicate finger on his lips as his words were cut. He looked up slowly to see that handsome face, which belonged to the man who just saved him a few hours ago: Hyde’s new partner.

the sentence that launched 1000 yaoi fics into the world.

seriously though, i need to watch the new gosei ep before commenting on this one. because the fic could change based on that. (i suffered this setback when i was doing a charmed and x-men evolution fic crossover)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top