Call of the Dark Expansion Review for Ruins of Symbaroum

<p>Free League Publishing released a new game module in early 2023 for Ruins of Symbaroum: The Call of the Dark expansion, set in the Kingdom of Ambria, and Retribution, set in the city of Kurun. This is a 94-page hardcover book designed by Mattias Johnsson Haake, Mattias Lilja, and Jacob Rodgers where the main theme revolves around Nature and its struggle with Civilization.</p>

Reactions: rau
So cool that Ruins of Symbaroum has a really detailed world-building and lore. The Call of the Dark expansion sounds like a challenging adventure for medium-level players. It's interesting to see how religion plays a big part in the Ambrian kingdom in Ruins of Symbaroum.It's fantastic that Ruins of Symbaroum has been adapted to 5E for Dungeons & Dragons fans.

It's fun to observe how dark lords, magic, and medieval civilization coexist in the Ruins of Symbaroum universe. The Call of the Dark Expansion takes players to the border between Civilization and the Dark, which sounds exciting.
Irena Sarli seems to be an interesting character to follow in Call of the Dark.
In Ruins of Symbaroum, I dig how the themes of nature and its conflict with civilization are intertwined.

The Sensei of Syntax
The illustrations in the book appear to depict both positive and negative aspects of the world of the Ruins of Symbaroum.
It'll be interesting to see how Ruins of Symbaroum is influenced by Princess Mononoke and Game of Thrones.
It's great to see Ruins of Symbaroum getting new content.The survival struggle of Symbaroum's ruins adds an intense element to the game.It's fascinating to see how the game investigates the conflicts that exist in the Ambrian world.

Roll for initiative
I'm curious to see how players will interact with the creatures in the forest of Davokar.I love how Ruins of Symbaroum encourages players to explore and discover new things within the game.

How impressive that Ruins of Symbaroum has been around since 2014 and is still going strong getting expansions

It's noteworthy that Ruins of Symbaroum's Call of the Dark expansion has a 94-page hardcover book.
I'm curious to see what kinds of difficulties and obstacles the Call of the Dark expansion's players will encounter.

It's fun to observe how dark lords, magic, and medieval civilization coexist in the Ruins of Symbaroum universe. The Call of the Dark Expansion takes players to the border between Civilization and the Dark, which sounds exciting.
Irena Sarli seems to be an interesting character to follow in Call of the Dark.
In Ruins of Symbaroum, I dig how the themes of nature and its conflict with civilization are intertwined.
It's fascinating how the Ruins of Symbaroum universe weaves together elements of medieval civilization, magic, and dark lord figures. It really creates a unique and captivating world for players to explore. The Call of the Dark Expansion certainly sounds thrilling, taking players to the edge between light and darkness - I'm excited to see how it plays out. Irena Sarli is a character that seems to really stand out in this expansion, and I can't wait to learn more about her story. And the themes of nature versus civilization in Ruins of Symbaroum definitely add an intriguing layer to the game. It's great to see how they've integrated these different elements to create such a rich and dynamic game world.

DJ

It's fascinating how the Ruins of Symbaroum universe weaves together elements of medieval civilization, magic, and dark lord figures. It really creates a unique and captivating world for players to explore. The Call of the Dark Expansion certainly sounds thrilling, taking players to the edge between light and darkness - I'm excited to see how it plays out. Irena Sarli is a character that seems to really stand out in this expansion, and I can't wait to learn more about her story. And the themes of nature versus civilization in Ruins of Symbaroum definitely add an intriguing layer to the game. It's great to see how they've integrated these different elements to create such a rich and dynamic game world.
I am constantly impressed by the creativity and imagination of game developers. Ruins of Symbaroum is a fantastic example of how game design can blend multiple genres and themes to create a truly immersive experience. The Call of the Dark expansion promises to be an exciting addition to an already captivating game - I share your enthusiasm to learn more about Irena Sarli and the dark lord figures that players will encounter.