Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Are they even all Zodiac signs? I can see Red is Leo, Orange is Scorpio, Black is Tauros & Gold is Libra, but the rest of them are lost to me...

Vaguely looks to me like the others are a snake, a frog, a gryphon, a mantaray & a wolf...

Are they even all Zodiac signs? I can see Red is Leo, Orange is Scorpio, Black is Tauros & Gold is Libra, but the rest of them are lost to me...

Vaguely looks to me like the others are a snake, a frog, a gryphon, a mantaray & a wolf...
Now that we have their official names (as shown in partially-obscured English in one of the released images) I think it's fairly clear that they are constellations generally and not just the Zodiac:

Shishi Red (shishi means lion so Leo)
Okami Blue (okami means wolf so Lupus)
Kajiki Yellow (kajiki means marlin, so Dorado the swordfish seems like the closest match)
Washi Pink (washi means eagle so Aquila)
Chameleon Green (chameleon means...well guess...so Chamaeleon)
Oushi Black (oushi means bull so Taurus)
Sasori Orange (sasori means scorpion so Scorpius)
Tenbin Gold (tenbin means scales so Libra)
Hebitsukai Silver (the helmet shows a snake but hebitsukai means snakecharmer so Ophiuchus seems most likely)

Also, the kind of paper used in origami is called 'washi' and there is a crane constellation so brace yourself for a gag where Washi Pink is misidentified as a 'paper crane' at some point. :sweat:

Last edited:
Super Moderator
Writers:
Yasuko Kobayashi: She's doing Amazons season 2, so this might leave her too tied up to work on Kyuranger. Plus, most of her Sentai in the last few years are with Utsunomiya or Takebe as producers.
Junko Komura: Writing Zyuohger as her first head writer credit. We haven't had a back to back head writer since Arakawa did Abaranger and Dekaranger.
Kento Shimoyama: Ninninger writer.

I would like to see Keiichi Hasegawa working in Sentai. He wrote great episodes for Ultraman (was the main writer in Dyna and Nexus, one of the best tokusatsu series of this century) and made a good duo with Riku Sanjo in W and Drive.

I think Hasegawa would have the ability to develop a series with so many characters as Kyuranger.

Spy photos of the grunts(previously seen in a tiny image on the toy catalog) with ShiShiRed

M1dqsNt.jpg

C0MNTNRWQAEhICC.jpg:small

C0MNTNUXUAAyN2j.jpg:small

C0NSkRmUQAEyrA7.jpg:small

C0MiymdXAAAhXFx.jpg:small

So it seems Sasori Orange has an actual stinger tail?!

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
They have titles too:

Red: Super Star ShishiRed
Orange: Poison Star SasoriOrange
Gold: Trick Star TenbinGold
Silver: Silent Star HebitsukaiSilver
Pink: Speed Star WashiPink
Yellow: FoodmeiStar KajikiYellow
Green: Shinobi Star ChameleonGreen
Blue: Beast Star OkamiBlue
Black: Ring Star OushiBlack

One of the Lord's Angels
I guess everyone notice that casting rumors this year have been kind of quiet and who could blame them for that because when you start a show with more than the usual 5; you bound to be wrong with the cast.

Up until today, there have been no casting rumors until now. I've been checking on the 2ch boards for any information whatsoever for the past I think almost two weeks on the cast and at 9:58 am local time (in Japan) this was posted:
"グリーンは宮原華音"
Which means in my understanding of the Japanese language: "Green is Miyahara Kanon".

That's all I got right now from this source and though there are a lot of people that expect the cast to be revealed this weekend; I actually don't expect the cast to be revealed until January 1st which is and has always been (with the exceptions of 2011-12, 2015, 2016) the date where the cast is revealed and from the looks of this; I expect Red, Green, and Yellow to be portrayed by actors based on the character descriptions while the final 6 will determined based on the flyers we receive in the next coming days.

But right now, consider Kanon Miyahara as a rumored actor for Kyuranger. And for you Kamen Rider fans out there, she was in the Internet-exclusive show "Kamen Rider Amazons" earlier this year. And with the show being approved for a 2nd season by Amazon.com, it'll be interesting to see if this rumor about her being in Kyuranger is true or not. Please stay tuned for more information from other people who will have casting rumors.

As for me, I'm leaving in the morning for Wilkes County to see my Mom and my Uncle for Christmas. Mom has no internet or cable but I'll manage with what I got. So, I won't posting any more rumors until after Christmas unless the cast is revealed on Saturday in which I expect otherwise. Enjoy your Christmas and give me your reactions on this latest rumor.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm not sure I can see that. Everything about Green so far suggests she's a super-cutesy type, and Miyahara doesn't have the right "look" for that. This is probably why she doesn't do so much of it in her gravure work (from what I've seen.) Like how you probably wouldn't cast the actress of Ran from Gekiranger as Houka Ozu for instance

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
First of all I have to say this is the first year that I don't like the red senshi as much as any of the others for me the orange Sasori senshi at least visually appears to be a bamf also the henshin device doubling as a side arm most notably this year it's blaster is quite smart and will definitely sell a lot of toys I know I'm getting one I also love how instead of mecha they're being called voyagers I definitely say that was a space thing that's a much better title Oh and about the first female Green Ranger I think we're off to a pretty good start with her constellation representing a chameleon we already sort of had it in gekiranger with melee but she was not normally part of the team the only real time I can say she teamed up per se was the movie