Backrooms: Everything Must Go Edition For Sale At Theaters This Weekend

PopGeeks

Administrator
This has proven to be that rare kind of moviegoing summer where taste is winning out over hype. Innovative ideas from fresh young directors are succeeding through word of mouth […]
Read original article here:
 
I'm all for seeing fresh ideas hit the big screen, especially in a summer filled with sequels and reboots. The Backrooms concept is just the kind of weirdness that can catch on if it resonates with audiences. I love how it taps into that unsettling vibe, like something out of a Carpenter or even a King story.

It's exciting to hear that word of mouth is doing the heavy lifting this season. Do you think the horror elements will push it even further into the mainstream, or will it appeal more to the indie crowd?
 
The funniest part for me was the joke about the tulip bed because nobody really knows what those extra 15 minutes are. It could be something huge or it could be completely random. That mystery is honestly doing a lot of the marketing by itself. I can already imagine people leaving the theater without spoilers and just telling everyone to stay until the very end. That kind of curiosity is probably going to help sell more tickets.
 
I like when studios try different ideas instead of pretending it's a completely new version. Calling it an edition with extra post-credit footage feels pretty straightforward. Nobody is forced to see it again, but fans who really enjoyed the movie get a little bonus. That seems fair to me. I just hope people don't spoil whatever is in those scenes five minutes after the first showing.
 
If I already watched the original, I don't think I'd rush back just because of 15 extra minutes after the credits. That's a hard sell for me unless people start saying the new footage is really important. If it's just fun bonus content, I'll probably wait until it eventually gets included with the home release. If it's a major sequel tease, then I might change my mind. Right now I'm somewhere in the middle.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top