The Switch 2 Version Of Super Mario Bros Wonder Arrives March 26

PopGeeks

Administrator
Nintendo confirmed today that Super Mario Bros Wonder – Nintendo Switch 2 Edition + Meetup In Bellabel Park will arrive on the Switch 2 March 26. And if you think that name is quite a wall of text, wait’ll you see the box art! The titular Bellabel Park is a new area of the game, featuring 17 new co-op or VS minigames for up to four local players, none of which need to own the game…just Switch 2s. If you want something new to do online, the Game Room Plaza is for you, with six new minigames for either local or online play for up to 12 players at once. Then there’s Camp Central, where Captain Toad puts a fresh coat of paint on the game’s existing levels by issuing challenges. Complete these challenges to earn badges. Rosalina has been confirmed as a new playable character. She’ll come with a Luma that a second player can manipulate with point controls; Nintendo implies in the video Luma would be good for younger players who can’t wrap their heads around a controller yet..so they must be talking really young. You want to play games with your 3-year-old son or daughter; here’s the […]
Read original article here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I already bought Super Mario Bros Wonder on Switch and I still play it with my cousins, so I am not against buying it again. The $20 upgrade feels fair to me because there is actual new content and not just better graphics. Bellabel Park sounds like the real reason to come back. Local minigames that do not require everyone to own the game is smart. Nintendo should do this more often. Rosalina being playable is a big win for me since she was missing in the original. I also like the Luma control idea for kids, even if it is very simple. Camp Central sounds interesting too because I like challenge-based content more than speedruns. The Talking Flower product is strange though. I do not see myself paying that much for something that talks twice an hour. Overall this feels like a proper expansion and not just a lazy upgrade.
 
Bellabel Park having local multiplayer without everyone owning the game is huge. That alone saves money. I like that Nintendo still thinks about couch play instead of only online. The Game Room Plaza having up to 12 players sounds chaotic, but in a fun way. Rosalina with a Luma helper is a nice idea for younger kids who just want to feel included. I do not care about the movie connection, I just like having more character choices. Camp Central giving badges through challenges is also good because it gives people goals. Compared to other upgrades, this one actually feels planned. I will probably upgrade day one.
 
I skipped the original Wonder, so this is actually perfect timing for me. I was waiting because I knew a Switch 2 version would probably come. Now I get the full game plus extra content in one go. Rosalina being playable is a bonus because she is one of my favorite Mario characters. The minigames sound like a nice break between levels. I usually play alone, but having options is good. The $20 upgrade does not affect me, but I think it is fair for existing owners. I do not understand the Talking Flower product at all. It sounds like something that will end up unused on a shelf. The game itself looks like a safe purchase.
 
This version feels aimed at social players, and I respect that. The focus on local and online minigames shows Nintendo knows people like shared experiences. Up to 12 players is wild but interesting. I mostly play solo, but sometimes I want something light with friends. Camp Central sounds like the best addition because it gives replay value without needing others. Rosalina is a good pick, and I like that Nintendo keeps adding strong female characters. The Amiibo situation is disappointing. I used to enjoy them, now they feel overpriced. The Talking Flower thing feels like a joke product. I will buy the game but ignore the extras.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top