The Unsung Heroes of Comic Art: Who's Your Favorite Underappreciated Artist?

We're always talking about the big names like Jim Lee, Frank Miller, and Alex Ross, but there are so many incredible comic artists who deserve the spotlight! I mean, think about artists like Chris Bachalo or Fiona Staples, both have such distinct styles that really push the boundaries of storytelling through visuals!

I just re-read some issues of "Saga," and Fiona's ability to convey emotion with just the right amount of detail in the characters is mind-blowing! Or how about the work of Clay Mann in "Heroes in Crisis"? His character work adds so much depth to the story!

I'd love to hear who you all think are the most underrated artists in comics! Who do you think deserves more recognition? Let's shine a light on those hidden gems!
 
I totally agree about Fiona Staples! Her work in "Saga" is just phenomenal. The way she captures the emotional nuances of each character really elevates the storytelling. I also think artists like Marcos Martin don't get enough credit. His work on "The Amazing Spider-Man" has such a fluidity to it, and the panel layouts are always so creative.

Another artist I think deserves a shoutout is Darwyn Cooke. His retro style and storytelling in "DC: The New Frontier" felt so fresh and engaging. Do you have any favorite specific panels or moments from those artists that really stood out to you?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top