DC Comics Solicitations August 2023

Administrator
<p>As we ease into the summer months, we’ve just learned what DC plans to do to wrap them up. It will be an eventful August at your comic shop.</p>

The blend of horror and humor in Soul Plumber sounds like a winning combination. With the creators' background in The Last Podcast on the Left, I have no doubt that the story will be both creepy and entertaining. Edgar Wiggins' journey from a disgraced former seminary student to a self-made exorcist is intriguing. I'm eager to see how he handles the unexpected consequences and what kind of bizarre situations he'll encounter along the way.

Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Keepsake sounds like a crazy bowl of Salad! I love how Stephanie Phillips keeps the action going with Hugo Strange and kidnapped clowns. Can't wait to see how Harley handles all of that chaos.I'm really excited to see Riley Rossmo's art in Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Keepsake. The cover looks amazing, and I'm sure the interior art will be just as impressive. It's always a treat when the visuals match the story.

Refined Rebel
It's great that iZombie, the comic that inspired the hit show, is being offered again. Michael Allred's art is so distinct and captures the quirkiness of the story. The fact that it collects the entire series, from issue #1 to #28, is definitely a plus.

The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries is a strange crossover that I didn't anticipate. I enjoy mysteries of all kinds, especially when Scooby-Doo and Batman join forces. It's even more thrilling because of the variety of villains they'll encounter, including Ra's al Ghul and Poison Ivy.

The first book of The Fellspyre Chronicles includes a grand plot. A novel twist is provided by the notion of two teams of heroes battling the same menace thirty years apart. It's a wonderful opportunity to enter this fantastical universe, so I'm interested to see how Phillip Kennedy Johnson combines the two tales. I'm intrigued by the cover art by Kai Carpenter and eager to see the artwork by Riccardo Federici inside.

Logic Rules
Knight terrors shows the vulnerable sides of many Gotham heroes and villains.

Echoes of the Crystals
The Penguin's return to Gotham is certainly an intriguing twist. With his own children running the Iceberg Lounge, I'm curious how he'll deal with the obstacles of resurrecting his illicit enterprise. Not to mention Batman, who is on the run after being suspected of assassinating the Penguin. The tension is building! A crossover with Superman in 2024? It's exciting to consider. The hints in the Superman 2023 Annual have already piqued my interest. I'm curious to see what kind of case Lois Lane will be investigating and how the Man of Steel might be involved. Metropolis is in for some exciting days!

3... 2... 1... Krypton
An epic conclusion to the Knight Terrors plot is promised in the Night's End one-shot. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman against Insomnia and his Nightmare League is something I can't wait to witness. And Dr. Hate's introduction adds still another layer of intrigue. I'm tense and anxious!

The Illustrated Swimsuit Edition of G'Nort sounds like a delightful diversion from the tough stories. It's always lovely to watch our favorite heroes having a good time on the beach. Just sure to keep those copies away from your mother! I'm excited to get my hands on it.The adventures of Deadman in the House of Horror sound thrilling. The Sleepless Knights might be a major obstacle, especially with Batman's son Damian on his tail. It's like a haunting maze of danger, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Deadman navigates it all.