The Meg 2: The Trench, Now Bigger and Hungrier

Raccoon City Survivor
<p>The Meg 2: The Trench is the sequel to the 2018 hit movie. The critics destroyed the first film, but it made 530 million dollars. Despite the Presence of Hollywood actors, this franchise is not a Hollywood film. It is Chinese production that crossovers Chinese talents with Hollywood actors. The Meg made $145,443,742 in the US, so good for a Chinese production film. It took four years before a sequel happened, probably because of the Pandemic. Jason Statham and Shuya Sophia Cai are the only actors from the original who gets to reprise their roles. Shuya Sophia Cai was only 11 years old when she did the first film, and she is now all grown up.</p>

Courtesan Supreme
I am glad to see Jason Statham back as Jonas Taylor, along with other familiar faces such as Cliff Curtis and Page Kennedy. However, it is a shame that Li Bingbing will not be returning as Suyin, but I am excited to see Shuya Sophia Cai returning as Suyin's daughter, Meiying. The cast of The Meg 2

Kai

The new trailer looks amazing and the over-the-top nature of the movie is evident. I am excited to see how the story will unfold. That Shark looks ginormous!I'm excited to see what the sequel brings. I'm hopeful that The Meg 2, with a new director and more sharks, will be just as savage!I'm curious how Ben Wheatley's aesthetic will translate to a high-profile film like The Meg 2. Given his previous experience, it will be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

The Meg 2 seems to be an exciting adventure. I can't wait to witness Jason Statham use his foot to fight off a megalodon!
Cliff Curtis and Page Kennedy will return for the sequel, which is great news. Their characters were among my favorites in the first film.
I'm pleased about the inclusion of new cast members including Jing Wu, Skyler Samuels, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, and Sienna Guillory.

Dammit Leon!
I'm interested to see how the filmmakers will incorporate the prehistoric creatures teased in the trailer into the plot of The Meg 2. Will they be allies or enemies of the megalodons?

The first Meg movie was a lot of fun, but it wasn't exactly a critical darling. I'm hoping that The Meg 2 will be able to deliver on the thrills while also elevating the storytelling and filmmaking. Not all movies needs to be deep, sometimes we just want to have a dumb fun popcorn film.

I'm excited for the Meg 2, but I hope they don't reveal that the Meg was just a baby in the first movie. That would make the entire thing seem less impressive.

I'm a bit sad that Li Bingbing won't be returning for The Meg 2, but I'm sure her character will be mentioned. Maybe they'll have a scene where they find a memorial plaque that reads, "In memory of Suyin - eaten by a giant shark.I'm excited to see Sienna Guillory in The Meg 2 - I loved her in Resident Evil. Maybe she'll bring some of her zombie-fighting skills to the table and take on the megalodons .

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that Ruby Rose might not be returning for The Meg 2.

Administrator
Staff member
The Meg 2 is definitely on my list of films to see when it comes out.