JUNG_E | Korean Sci-Fi Movie

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>The movie begins with a female soldier fighting for her life, and she’s winning over the enemy until … WACK! Yep. She goes down. It was a simulation; not a real fight during a real war. </p>

not a bad movie but I don't think it will be remembered 10 years from now.

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
This is sadly the last movie of Kang Soo-Yeon, she died after this movie is finished.

I wasn't expecting the direction they took, and I like it. I loved the late Kang Soo-yeon's performance as well as the examination they made of the possibility of mass-producing copies of human brains that are literally private of all the rights of the individuals involved.

The worst complaint I had with the film was its poor CGI. The pacing is horrible, and the majority of the action takes place in a lab. Captain Yung was an intriguing character, but he wasn't given enough development, and the film's opening scene, in which the war has been going on for more than 40 years, isn't portrayed in any scenes. To summarize, this picture has the potential to be another great Korean sci-fi film, but it suffers from a mediocre plot and bland characters.

It was a tolerable movie, but by Korean standards, the acting could have been much better. Why the director of Train to Busan hasn't been able to produce another compelling narrative with compelling actors since then intrigues me. I have low hopes when they mention the filmmaker because, since then, he has been producing films that are comparable to Korean B flicks. Very disappointing movie. It failed to adhere to any of the themes it developed. It's half-assed action, half-assed drama, half-assed science fiction, and any attempt at philosophy was at best quarter-assed and much less interesting than others who handled it well. The two main characters caused the emotions to range from serious to lighthearted. Because of the weak setup, it couldn't even make an emotional impact.

I loved the concept, however it lacked depth. Other aspects could have been investigated, such as the various types of transfer—type a and type b—and what their daily lives are like and how they are treated. Also, the mother-daughter relationship could have been developed so that she remembered more after each sim, and the daughter could have been covering up secret meetings with the robot mother after each sim.

In my opinion, one of the best Netflix originals. Although the story isn't entirely original—there are clear influences from Terminator, Robocop, and Blade Runner—the special effects are excellent, and the mother-daughter narrative is heartfelt. Fans of cyberpunk should look at this.

A terribly disappointing flick. It failed to stick to whatever theme it had created. It's a half-baked action film, a half-baked drama, a half-baked science fiction, and any attempt at philosophy was only a quarter-baked effort that was incomparably less interesting than earlier films that did it better. Because of the two main characters, as you also mentioned, the emotions ranged from stern to looney tunes goofy. It couldn't even make an emotional effect due to the poor setting.