Living With Chucky Director, Kyra Elise Gardner Interview

<p>Living with ChuckyAs the daughter of a special effects professional who worked on such films as Darkman, Army of Darkness and Hocus Pocus among many others, first time filmmaker, Kyra Elise Gardner was inspired to use her Dad’s work on the Child’s Play films as the subject of her documentary, Living With Chucky. What follows is an interview with the director, who provides insight into how she exposed the heart of this horror franchise, without the bloody organ being ripped out of someone’s chest by a killer doll.</p>

Popcorn Addict
Miss Gardner, thanks for making this documentary. The child's play movies are R-18 so I cannot watch them in theaters but I had a blast renting it in VHS growing up. All the fake Id I have to use just for me to be able to watch movies with Chucky on it. I have a great trip to memory lane with this documentary.

: Master of the Sea
I like how this movie focuses on the human relationships between the cast and crew. From the start, I was committed to living with Chucky. I watched a lot of behind-the-scenes footage, and everyone appeared to be happy on set. Even if you aren't a fan, you will enjoy this documentary.

Under My Spell
Around halfway through, life with Chucky took a turn that completely caught me surprised. A documentary about a horror series rarely delves into the private lives of the cast and crew. I had assumed that the franchise's development and evolution would be the only topics covered, but there is a wealth of additional information and I never expected.

I love the stitched look of Chucky too because it shows the real him. He is a crazy killer and his outside matches the inside with that look. When Chucky looks cute though he gets to use it as a weapon of deceit.

DJ

I am amazed how this horror series documentary went beyond its expected scope and provided us with a deeper look into the private lives of the cast and crew. I am expecting more such movies from this franchise.

Drew Barrymore As M3GAN
I don't think there will be a new child's play movie, they are sticking with a tv show. There will be a Chucky vs M3gan movie though.

Whatever the producers decide, I love the idea. I've always been a fun of Chucky. It's so awesome that Fiona is directing this. I always dreamt of this becoming a reality show.

Really sorry for that. It's understandable that the character of Chucky from the "Child's Play" horror movie franchise could cause some people to feel uneasy about dolls.

It's understandable that the character of Chucky from the "Child's Play" horror movie franchise could cause some people to feel uneasy about dolls. It's okay to have preferences and avoid certain types of dolls, but it's also possible to appreciate the positive aspects of dolls without allowing a fictional character to control your perception of them.