Cyberpunk Edgerunners Triumphs In 2023 Anime Awards

Staff member
<p>Cyberpunk 2077 may have had a hard time as a video game, but as an anime it’s had nothing but success. The animated spinoff Cyberpunk Edgerunners, produced for Netflix, took home the top prize in today’s Anime Awards. The event was hosted by a mix of movie directors, Hollywood actors, sports figures and Twitch influencers.</p>

A Netflix Show won the awards over a Crunchy Roll show? Wow I thought they are going to be biases. Suddenly this award have integrity.

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
Wow, Cyberpunk Edgerunners winning Anime of the Year is quite the surprise! It just goes to show that sometimes a franchise can find success in a different medium than its original form.

I'm thrilled to see that Spy x Family won Best New Anime, it definitely deserves the recognition. Also LOL at the Must protect at all cost category.

When I saw Saya Elder crying at the table because Cyberpunk: Edgerunners won the award, it made me cry too. I've been following the project on social media for two years now, and I know how passionate the team is behind this project. I'm overjoyed that they received the award. Although I think that Arcane deserved the award for Best Adaptation at the Game Awards, I'm still happy that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners won. I also want to congratulate Lycoris Recoil for winning Best Original Anime and One Piece for winning Best Continuing Series. It's pretty funny that most of the awards went to Demon Slayer Season Two: Entertainment District Arc, but all the winners this year deserve recognition for their achievements. Congratulations to all of them!

Yo, gotta give mad props to the interpreters holding it down. Can't even imagine the pressure of translating a live broadcast on the fly, so big ups to y'all! But yo, how come that wack cyberpunk joint won "Award of the Year"? It ain't even on the level of Attack on Titan or Kimetsu no Yaiba. Like, what anime is more poppin' than those two? And don't even get me started on One Piece. That joint got the most views in Japan for an anime movie, even beatin' out Jujutsu Kaisen. But nah, they gonna act like it ain't even exist. Smh.

Semper Articulately
Cyber Punk Edge Runners totally deserved that win. It had a sick storyline that took you on a wild ride without any of that fake, sugar-coated BS you see in other animes like Demon Slayer or Spy x Family. And that ending? Heartbreaking. But the song they chose for it? Straight fire. Plus, the design and animation was on point. So yo, big ups to Cyber Punk Edge Runners. Congrats on the win!

Southern Belle
Well, shucks, it's a tad bit of a letdown to see some real beauts get overshadowed by them fancy big-name animes like Demon Slayer and AoT. Now don't get me wrong, they all did some mighty fine work and deserved them awards, but let's not forget about the nominees like Made in Abyss or Kotoro Lives Alone, among many other stunners!

Mind Speaker
What the hell is wrong with you people? Enough with this fan vote nonsense, or just scrap like 80% of these goddamn categories altogether. Every damn year, these awards are a complete and utter joke because shows win categories they don't even belong in, just because they happen to be the most popular. It's a load of crap and it needs to come to an end, right freakin' now!

Resident of Bandora's Palace
Congratulations to Demon Slayer and their team for receiving numerous awards. I'm in love with the exceptional teamwork that went into making this show. The next month's release has me eagerly waiting to see the design, detail, and art that went into every aspect of the show, from the blood, sweat, and tears of the creators. I don't care about the haters.