IDW Creating Sequel Story To Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Administrator
<p>Not many Trekkies consider the original 1979 Star Trek movie to be among their best. The flick was more concerned with extremely long shots of the environment the VFX team built than with telling an engaging story. IDW must think they can do better because they just announced Star Trek The Motion Picture: Echoes, a sequel to the movie. And by that we don’t mean The Wrath Of Khan, but a direct follow-up to the events of the original, with the cast in their extremely late-1970s uniforms.</p>

Pio

Wow, IDW is making a sequel to the original Star Trek movie? Yeah, the one that's often considered the weakest in the franchise. It's called Star Trek The Motion Picture: Echoes, and the story sounds pretty interesting.

Candle in the Wind
I like the photorealistic style of drawings, they really resemble the actors

Tower Climber
Exciting! IDW is making a sequel to the OG Star Trek movie, and I'm hyped! The movie may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but this new comic series, called Star Trek The Motion Picture: Echoes, sounds epic! The Enterprise crew has to deal with doppelgängers of themselves that get thrown into their universe, causing all kinds of chaos and maybe even starting a war with the Romulans! Crazy, right?But what's got me even more stoked is that Marc Guggenheim is writing it! You know, the guy behind Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow! He knows how to write superhero shows, so I'm sure he'll nail this one. Plus, the fact that the story is being told from the perspective of an outsider, instead of the Enterprise crew we're used to, is super refreshing! I can't wait for the first issue in May!

Hello Friends!
It's always interesting to see how comics can expand on existing franchises and tell new stories in different mediums.
I wonder how the inclusion of the Romulans in the story will play out, as they have often been a formidable foe for the Enterprise crew.

As a hardcore Trekkie, I am ecstatic to hear that IDW is creating a sequel to the original Star Trek movie! And the fact that they're keeping the late-1970s uniforms is sure to bring back some major nostalgia for us diehard fans. It'll be interesting to see how they're updated for a modern audience, but I'm confident they'll still look amazing.

The story also sounds super intriguing! I can't wait to see how the criminal mastermind and the determined pilot fit into the plot, and what their motivations are. It's been a while since we've seen a story with a fresh perspective like this in the Star Trek universe, and I'm all for it! I have high hopes for Star Trek The Motion Picture: Echoes, and I can't wait to get my hands on the first issue in May!

I gotta say, I'm intrigued by this new Star Trek comic sequel to the original movie. It's always interesting to see how a story handles the time period and setting of its source material, especially with advancements in technology and effects in modern times. I'm definitely curious to see how this comic will handle that aspect.What I'm really excited about is the fact that this story is being told in comic form. It allows for so much more flexibility and creativity than if it were a movie or TV show. The possibilities are endless, and I can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff they come up with.All in all, I think Star Trek The Motion Picture: Echoes is shaping up to be a really cool project, and I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out. Live long and prosper, my friends!

I wonder if any new characters will be introduced in the comic and how they will fit into the story.
The fact that the story is being told from the perspective of an outsider is a refreshing take on the Star Trek universe, which has often focused on the Enterprise crew.

Expecto Patronum
My grandad is a fan of Star trek and I can't believe this thing just wont die, It keeps getting movies, tv shows, comics etc.