There is so much speculation around this particular series. you have this idea of some intergalactic tournament, and the head bad guy looking for some ancient power that has manifested itself on Earth and the Ninja Steel rangers getting caught up in this intergalactic fight. We are not even certain at this rate if any of this will even be part of the final series of course. However, I also have to point out that the second season of Ninja Steel, Super Ninja Steel or some crap like that, will also coincide with the 25th anniversary of Power Rangers, just something to bear in mind after the colossal debacle of Power Rangers Megafarce.

anyway, I'm not sure what the situation will turn out to be quite frankly... however, I am very much looking forward to this. Although the recent replacement of that one black actor that was initially cast as the Yellow Ranger with someone else might rub some people the wrong way, only because you make some public announcement of who is playing whom on the show and then not long after making your announcement, you get rid of one of your lead actors and replace him with someone else.

the actress playing the Pink Ranger is definitely a cutie... she actually reminds me of Amy Jo Johnson, and I wonder if that was the intention, because it would be kinda neat if it was revealed that the character's parents are in fact Tommy and Kimberly. because that would be the ultimate pay off for fandom, showcasing that despite 'the letter' all the way back during 'Zeo', that maybe at some point after Tommy left during Turbo and maybe after showing up in Dino Thunder both he and Kimberly got their act together or something. of course if you take the math into account, then you would have to assume that inbetween Tommy leaving active Ranger duty in Power Rangers Turbo in 1997 and popping up for Forever Red on Wildforce in 2002 that Tommy and Kimberly hooked up and she got knocked up with his kid during the events of Time Force which was in 2001, and yet makes no mention of the fact that he is even with anyone, let alone had a kid, when he pops up again during the events of Dino Thunder in 2004. But then again I doubt very much they would do this considering just how much the franchise and the history of the series was pissed on during Megafarce.

Regarding the casting of Yoshi's brother for Ninja Steel.... AWESOME! its possible that scene of Yoshi popping up in Ninninger might serve as the basis for a team up between DIno Charge and Ninja Steel.

I hope they also make use of the Green Ninninger that was a movie exclusive character, but not for a one shot deal, because that character was a female and it would be really awesome if they brought back Kimberly Crossman to reprise the role of Lauren from Power Rangers Samurai and have her take up the mantle of the Green Ninja Steel ranger, in order to allow her character to be redeemed after what happened during Samurai.

Some kind of Beast mode
So...that first episode.

The theme has/had the potential to be one of the best. But because there is no smooth transition from lyrics to the chorus it seems so disjointed. You can't tell when the song is going to end either, because it builds up, then goes back down. It's kind of like a snippet of a song played on a loop and passed off as a full theme. Which is a shame because the isolated pieces sound awesome, especially the intro into the ranger credits. I'm surprised they mixed in those traditional Japanese sounds with rock as well as they did. DC's theme always falls flat for me once "go go" comes in, and the singer sounds kind of funny, but I have to put them higher than this based on editing (I guess that's the term) alone. I also was hoping they'd change the visuals for the OP, but nope, of course they would do the bare minimum and not show stylistic distinctions between series.

The episode itself? Mmmm, there is a lot of Neo-Saban in here as expected. This was another lackluster first morph. It was missing the unique epicness and music swell of many years past. And visually it was lame because they relegated it to an "insta-morph", which I'm sure is purely because they didn't have all five together. I know the actual sequence is in the OP, but for this they could have had at least a slower, real time , morph kind of like Kamen Rider.

I'm enjoying Pink, Red, and Blue in that order thus far, because Pink seems to be the most natural of the actors. Her lines almost come off like butter, which I would imagine is hard to do what they're given. lol

A lot of PR cliches they should be above by now, but they aren't. High School setting, contrived HS bullies that are absolutely unnecessary , 1D character limiting like the nerd, the speed demon.

Then there are the just been there, just done that. Ranger father that tells his young boy to go hide while he fends off monsters, but in vain. Only for his son to be the 'true' Red that we follow (Samurai). Missing relative (Dino Charge) Magical artifacts that (seemingly) choose teenagers that are pure of heart (Dino Charge, although Dino Thunder did it better and the gems didn't care what your goodness level was). Literally the same awful background music used throughout this neo-saban era with the tiniest of tweaks, and nasally sounding monsters who are all talk.

Ugh, I feel bad for critiquing this on such a geek level, but I gotta call as I see it. I do want to see the Yellow and White ranger as well as what their relationship is.

:laugh: That sounds so sad.

The concept of the Ninjas has been a running gag that is just as bad as...the concept of killer sharks.

Sharknado is to sharks...while Senran Kagura is to ninjas

I'm just saying. What did PR do...fish and the x-games...FISH...AND THE X-GAMES!!!

C'mon Nickelodeon...you had "SUPAH NINJAS"...

Some kind of Beast mode
The concept of the Ninjas has been a running gag that is just as bad as...the concept of killer sharks.

Sharknado is to sharks...while Senran Kagura is to ninjas

I'm just saying. What did PR do...fish and the x-games...FISH...AND THE X-GAMES!!!

C'mon Nickelodeon...you had "SUPAH NINJAS"...

Omg, that was a thing wasn't it...smh, that is problematic.

Episode 2 aired and it was ok..gotta give it a re-watch.