If i convince bandai and toei to return the cyborg element to the kamen rider franchise then we'll see a heisei series with the return of the showa lone wolf cyborg element.
I doubt it will come back in the Sunday morning shows. Maybe if Amazon keep commissioning short series with an older target audience it will appear there. I mean, Amazons is all about a virus that turns people into flesh-eating monsters.
The only Showa era thing I can really see coming back is the scarf concept.

Please give us more scarves...
Supposedly the producers of W really had to fight to have the scarf. The higher ups thought it was too old fashioned. The compromise was to only have it on one of his main forms. Having said that, Mach and Sango have them, so maybe it's more acceptable now.
Didn't the old Riders have tons of gadgets & stuff, though?
Nobody before Ryuki had a collectables-based gimmick. IIRC X and RX are the only Showa Riders to have weapons. Super-1 had five different sets of gloves and Riderman had his cassette arms. I don't know if they sold the weapons or gloves to kids but otherwise it was mostly just toy belts, action figures and toy bikes.

Last edited:
Please. Let kamasdn13213231 live in his bubble of delusion that's so grand, it puts AkibaRed to shame. I've blocked him for several months now and am so much happier for it, I absolutely suggest you all do the same. There is no convincing him. None. Leave it alone.

Anyways, I'm pretty intrigued that next year's Rider will be seemingly doctor-themed and not just another emergency rescue hero like GoGo V or the Tomica Hero series. I'm not exactly sure how exactly that will translate into combat, but I'm sure Bandai and Toei will come up with...uh, something. Now, I have to wonder what the collectible will actually be. I don't know if collecting viruses exactly screams "kid-friendly", especially with the recent Zika scare.

Heroes are forever
I just love the name Ex-Aid for some reason. "Ex-Fighter" gives potential for a former soldier or a retired fighter of a sport (legal or not).

As i said before we'll wait for further announcements to reveal the rescue rider but i still hope for the franchise to return to its cyborg roots ,If i convince bandai and toei to return the cyborg element to the kamen rider franchise then we'll see a heisei series with the return of the showa lone wolf cyborg element.

One rider on a bike will not sell. It's not the 70's anymore.

Please. Let kamasdn13213231 live in his bubble of delusion that's so grand, it puts AkibaRed to shame. I've blocked him for several months now and am so much happier for it, I absolutely suggest you all do the same. There is no convincing him. None. Leave it alone.
Clearly, you guys are NOT able to see the Rainbow Line.

"Training."
Supposedly the producers of W really had to fight to have the scarf. The higher ups thought it was too old fashioned. The compromise was to only have it on one of his main forms.

In the end, W looked glorious with the scarf :3

I can't help but think that Ex-Fighter is going to be a fireman, especially if the theme is about rescue.

Wait...scarves are ridiculous, but stripping the show of its merchandising and all of its forms and stuff, that's not ridiculous? Ok then...

Well scarves were cool back in the 1970s of japan that is until it was discarded in the late 80s including today but seeing that some fans want the riders to wear modern scarves in modern times i think maybe scarves will get a comeback in the rider series i mean W wears it once during the start as for stripping the show of its merchandising and all of its forms it has to because with the franchise no longer what it was from the beginning and it now treated as "toy commercials"or in this case "cash cow franchise" which happens a lot it doesn't focus on the stories and rely on merchandise so i think focusing more on the stories and less on merchandising will do and we could keep some of the merchandise process so that it can be used to earn money for future kamen rider and super sentai projects.

Didn't the old Riders have tons of gadgets & stuff, though?

Come to think of it yeah it does.

One rider on a bike will not sell. It's not the 70's anymore.

Rumored toy listings

You know saying about "Ex Viruses" in this toy listing description you given it kinda might be linked to either a medical rescue theme or a computer themed its somethign based on a rumour i found on the tumblr page: http://rescueridernews.tumblr.com/ ,If its computer themed then maybe it would be great for the 45th anniversary series because it links to electronics and electronics link to the cyborg theme back in the showa days i think it would work kinda.

and yes i understand it's no longer the 70s which was the reason with too much merchandising nowadays but if we cut the budget cut the episode order and just rely on the story and a lone rider only with less merchandising it will not only focusing more on storytelling but it will make the series a success similar to what kuuga did and will gain more money from some of the merchandising ,I think.

I doubt it will come back in the Sunday morning shows

Yeah,:disappoin If i have the power i would command toei and bandai to return the cyborg element back to the kamen rider franchise especially the lone wolf cyborg element especially to air on saturday evenings instead plus to air 20 episodes only rather than 40 or 50 episodes.

Maybe if Amazon keep commissioning short series with an older target audience it will appear there. I mean, Amazons is all about a virus that turns people into flesh-eating monsters

That might be true i wonder if toei and amazon will make another mature kamen rider series but harken back to the original 70s lone wolf cyborg type instead .

Supposedly the producers of W really had to fight to have the scarf. The higher ups thought it was too old fashioned. The compromise was to only have it on one of his main forms. Having said that, Mach and Sango have them, so maybe it's more acceptable now.

You have a good point so maybe perhaps some future rider series will wear a scarf in their primary or super forms similar to what their showa predecessors did.

Nobody before Ryuki had a collectables-based gimmick. IIRC X and RX are the only Showa Riders to have weapons. Super-1 had five different sets of gloves and Riderman had his cassette arms. I don't know if they sold the weapons or gloves to kids but otherwise it was mostly just toy belts, action figures and toy bikes.

That is true.

Anyways, I'm pretty intrigued that next year's Rider will be seemingly doctor-themed and not just another emergency rescue hero like GoGo V or the Tomica Hero series. I'm not exactly sure how exactly that will translate into combat, but I'm sure Bandai and Toei will come up with...uh, something. Now, I have to wonder what the collectible will actually be. I don't know if collecting viruses exactly screams "kid-friendly", especially with the recent Zika scare.

As i said before i have the power i could but now in real life i don't and actually the 2016-17 rider is rescue themed and yes the primary rider will be a doctor while the secondary rider will probably be a former fireman as for the collectables maybe something related to the Special Rescue Team in japan i suppose.

I just love the name Ex-Aid for some reason. "Ex-Fighter" gives potential for a former soldier or a retired fighter of a sport (legal or not).

Maybe

In the end, W looked glorious with the scarf :3

Yeah so true.

I can't help but think that Ex-Fighter is going to be a fireman, especially if the theme is about rescue.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm calling it now. Ex-Aid's collectible gimmick will be syringes. I mean come on, with a name like "Ex Viruses", how could they not be?

If anything from old school that I want to see in Ex-Aid (or any future Riders for that matter) is the main Rider (at least) to be a kaizo-ningen. Like Ghost! :D

I'm calling it now. Ex-Aid's collectible gimmick will be syringes. I mean come on, with a name like "Ex Viruses", how could they not be?

Good point though it could be painful for children in real life.:disappoin

So done with Ghost. Hope Ex-Aid is a RESCUE

It is going to be a rescue themed.

If anything from old school that I want to see in Ex-Aid (or any future Riders for that matter) is the main Rider (at least) to be a kaizo-ningen. Like Ghost! :D

Yeah i hope so,If that series was going to be computer themed (which sadly won't happened) especially hoping the cyborg theme.