Shyni
Why do you keep bringing up this anime crossover idea as if it's totally going to work better than a live-action movie?

Why do you keep bringing up this anime crossover idea as if it's totally going to work better than a live-action movie?

Its because anime is used to revive old heroes during their prime like back in the old days and it will give nostalgia to both and new fans alike besides it works for gridman.

It would seem that people forget that even anime can be garbage.

oh yeah good point.

Tori better start thinking about closing these movies, b cause the box office is only gonna get worse.

They do better than the Movie Wars features at least. The box office of Rider movies in general has fallen in the last 3 years, but that's not only the SHT movies, but all three - solo movies, MWs and SHT. Even so, SHT still does better than the MWs and solo movies for the same current show (Aside from SHTZ, which did worse than Ultimatum and Wizard's solo movie, IIRC).

Shirakura was also the head producer responsible for Agito (the most successful Heisei show), Ryuki and Kabuto (one of the trilogy of fail) though. I could see Yonemura being responsible (he is not a good writer), but how much is Shirakura actually responsible as a producer other than publicity given he has more important duties such as being part of Toei's Board of Directors.

Shirakura is responsible, at least publicly, for the basic concept of the movies and sometimes their gimmicks. So, elements like these movies always being hero vs hero is due to Shirakura.

However, at this point, I'm not sure these movies would even exist without Shirakura. Look at the Movie Wars. The producers there seem often satisfied in going with two shows, even though it's been shown that they can go with multiple at once when they feel like it (like in Megamax, Ultimatum and Sengoku Battle).

Is the a reason Toei still keeps him on, then? Or is there stuff he's written that's actually good, but the talent just doesn't carry over to his toku work for some reason?

It could just be preference. I think these movies certainly could do better if better handled, but they aren't doing particularly bad either. However, there are also other factors. It's not every Toei writer who's willing to handle characters from multiple shows at once. Also, these movies often seen to have production limitations and directives weighting a lot in the writing, and yet again you won't see every writer being able to change and tweak their script according to that. For example, the original SHT's script had to be heavily changed once they actually confirmed Kaito's actor presence in the movie, and he's pretty central to the final script.

Although I haven't seen clear comments about production changes for the new movies, it's still possible to see things like how Shotaro's actor was never on screen with Kouta's or Takumi's actors in KRT - or how Fujioka is actually in only two scenes in KRT. So, the script clearly had to be written or changed based on the actors' various schedules.

Shyni
Its because anime is used to revive old heroes during their prime like back in the old days and it will give nostalgia to both and new fans alike besides it works for gridman.

The Gridman anime was also a short that was shown online rather than something that needed to make money or build an audience.

^
And it was good so i think toei rider and sentai series should do the same thing only this time in the form of a anime movie which you can call it as 'interquel' of both shows

They do better than the Movie Wars features at least. The box office of Rider movies in general has fallen in the last 3 years, but that's not only the SHT movies, but all three - solo movies, MWs and SHT. Even so, SHT still does better than the MWs and solo movies for the same current show (Aside from SHTZ, which did worse than Ultimatum and Wizard's solo movie, IIRC).

Maybe they should give up and abandon theater showings and just go back film future films in v-cinema or doing similar to what netflix did to their original films.

Shirakura is responsible, at least publicly, for the basic concept of the movies and sometimes their gimmicks. So, elements like these movies always being hero vs hero is due to Shirakura.

However, at this point, I'm not sure these movies would even exist without Shirakura. Look at the Movie Wars. The producers there seem often satisfied in going with two shows, even though it's been shown that they can go with multiple at once when they feel like it (like in Megamax, Ultimatum and Sengoku Battle).

You may have a good point ,Maybe having a different producer to do the superhero taisen films would do and abandon the 'Hero vs hero' concept but instead have the heroes understand each other about their similarities and difference as in if they can trust each other or not while teaming up until they finally understand each other after fighting their common enemies much like other superhero comics and media

It could just be preference. I think these movies certainly could do better if better handled, but they aren't doing particularly bad either. However, there are also other factors. It's not every Toei writer who's willing to handle characters from multiple shows at once. Also, these movies often seen to have production limitations and directives weighting a lot in the writing, and yet again you won't see every writer being able to change and tweak their script according to that. For example, the original SHT's script had to be heavily changed once they actually confirmed Kaito's actor presence in the movie, and he's pretty central to the final script.

Although I haven't seen clear comments about production changes for the new movies, it's still possible to see things like how Shotaro's actor was never on screen with Kouta's or Takumi's actors in KRT - or how Fujioka is actually in only two scenes in KRT. So, the script clearly had to be written or changed based on the actors' various schedules.

Good point maybe they should filmed it as a tv special instead to save time 'no wait' it could be worse and maybe they should have used higher budget as well

Shyni
Your argument for making a full-length animated teamup film is entirely based on how you enjoyed a short clip. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Lurker
I think it should be noted that people probably enjoyed the potential of the short, rather than the actual thing. Plus, it's probably better than all of the Super Hero Taisen films.

Lurker
On another note, let's talk about how terrible all the Super Hero Taisen films have been.

Dear god, they're like REALLY terrible.... I've had a better experience with The Amazing Spiderman 2 than these pieces of ****! I'd rather watch Batman & Robin before I subject myself to recycled plots with pretentious messages! I knew it would bomb the moment the first Super Hero Taisen trailer came out.

Shyni
They were terrible even back when they were still All Rider movies.

I think it should be noted that people probably enjoyed the potential of the short, rather than the actual thing. Plus, it's probably better than all of the Super Hero Taisen films.

None of that actually proves that an animated film would somehow do better than a live-action one like kamsasdn keeps insisting.