Super Moderator
You mean ROCK BLACK DRAGON!!!!!!! ?

Is he called that to in the film? I'm talking about the guy with the blonde hair, scar, and nunchucku. The Oriental Heroes comics by Tony Wong on which Dragon Tiger Gate is based were brought over here in the 80's. In those comics, the characters name was Gold Dragon. He ran with Tiger Wong and a young Buddhist named Guy (rounding out the trio since Tigers brother had been killed by Chan Ou Wan of Global Cult before the Jademan Comics Special no.1 Chan worked for Skeleton Secretary.)

Now, I realize a movie production isn't neccessarily beholden to the absolute strictest letter of the source material but I find this change in the characters name kinda odd.

boogie woogie feng shui
Is he called that to in the film? I'm talking about the guy with the blonde hair, scar, and nunchucku. The Oriental Heroes comics by Tony Wong on which Dragon Tiger Gate is based were brought over here in the 80's. In those comics, the characters name was Gold Dragon. He ran with Tiger Wong and a young Buddhist named Guy (rounding out the trio since Tigers brother had been killed by Chan Ou Wan of Global Cult before the Jademan Comics Special no.1 Chan worked for Skeleton Secretary.)

Yeah I know, in the movie it's 石黑龙/ "Turbo" Shek Hak Long; I guess Donnie thought "Turbo" sounded more hep.

Any idea when I'll be able to find this flick on Netflicks? After seeing Bolts video I've been dying to check this out.

EDIT: **** it. Bought and sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea when I'll be able to find this flick on Netflicks? After seeing Bolts video I've been dying to check this out.

EDIT: **** it. Bought and sold.

Its out on ISOHunt I have a torrent at home if you want it with chinese and English Subs... PM me No net flix till after this is brought to the states Im thinking US Theater release not just DVD

Nah, I need this on DVD so I can show friends and watch with the girlfriend. Already ordered and on its way. Hope it kicks as much ass as it looks like it does.

boogie woogie feng shui
Warning: It is based on a Chinese manhua, so at times it's pretty corny, crazy, and waaaaay over-the-top, it's not just a straight martial arts movie. If you like that kinda thing though then yay.

Warning: It is based on a Chinese manhua, so at times it's pretty corny, crazy, and waaaaay over-the-top, it's not just a straight martial arts movie. If you like that kinda thing though then yay.

Manhua? What does this mean? As a lover of tokusatsu, of course you know I love me some corn, cheese and crazyness. What IS a good martial art movie that's come out recently that you'd recommend?

Super Moderator
Manhua is basically Chinese comics or manga. I've also seen the term manhua used in reference to Korean comics as well but I don't know if this is accurate or not.

The stuff that I am most familiar with comes from the two times that comics creator Tony Wong had stuff from his line brought over. The first was in the 1980's with the Jademan Comic Kung-Fu Special no.1 which featured a preview for what would be their 4 flagship books. Oriental Heroes, Drunken Fist, The Force of Buddhas Palm, and The Blood Sword. They later added Iron Marshall and a horror title that I can't remember.

Then Image Comics breifly brought over MegaTiger and Dragon which was sort of a futuristic version of Oriental Heroes and also Khoo Lungs SolarLord. SolarLord is like Superman as a Chinese God. Khoo Lung's work you might be familiar with from Dark Horse's Ultraman Tiga comic.

Then Comics One brought over a new batch of stuff from Tony Wong and also Ma Wing Shing, Khoo Lung, and Andy Seto. The CTHD manhua, more MegaDragon and Tiger, Weapons of the Gods, The Legendary Couple, Saint Legend, and several others.

Comics One published their stuff entirely in tpb form and you can still find them on places like Amazon. The Chinese comics artstyle is sometimes hard to follow but it's lush with linework and awesome color. It's kind of a more realistic artstyle at least in comparison to manga styles but it's still full of raw power and energy. You don't just see a fight in a HK comic, you feel it a thousand fold!

Just remember exactly one thing when going to them. Martial Arts=super powers. Physics, fah! You can use chi to fire energy blasts on a level that would make your average Marvel mutant wet their pants.

Honestly, I think any lover of tokusatsu could prolly find something to like about HK comics. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Okay, I've watched 10 mintues in and I'm in love with the movie already right down to it's look, feel, the powerful and swift martial arts; not to mention the charisma of this Nicholas Tse and... was that Donnie Yen that fought back using his fists against Tiger Wong's legs of fury?

Please tell me I didn't just see the best fight the movie has to offer already and that I still have yet more to look forward to and an end fight that puts the first to shame. :buttrock: