The thing about the Switch Joy-Cons is….well, they kind of suck. They’re tiny, they’re awkward, and they break very easily (the dreaded “Joy-Con Drift”). The Pro Controller is built from sturdier stuff and feels better in your hands, but it’s not an “on the go” kind of thing. The third-party accessory company Fixture Gaming has announced their own solution.
Presenting the Fixture S2 Attachment. It attaches the Switch screen to the Pro Controller at an angle in which the player can comfortably see the screen and work the controls. The only downside is that you might get a few stares on the bus. But you can use it at home too — it comes with a stand that functions better than the pull-out stick in the Switch’s backside.
Keep in mind this attachment is made exclusively for the updated OLED model of the Switch. Presumably there’s a Fixture S1 for the original model.
- DESIGNED BY GAMERS – FOR GAMERS. The Fixture S2’s original design is compatible with the Nintendo Switch OLED Model and the Pro Controller – a comfortable, reliable alternative to Joy-Cons.
- HIGHLY ERGONOMIC PLAY. The Fixture S2 was designed with comfort and performance in mind. It balances the screen weight directly over your hands, reducing screen rotation and minimizing wrist strain. Its patented two-axis design lets you easily adjust the angle and height of your Switch – providing stability and balance in ANY playing position.
- HANDHELD OR TABLETOP MODE. One accessory – multiple uses! For handheld play, simply snap your Pro Controller into the Fixture S2. For tabletop mode, use it as a stand on any flat surface – and enjoy multiplayer gaming anywhere.
- PORTABLE, WITH CONVENIENT CHARGING. Take your Fixture S2 anywhere – its adjustable design and convenient charging make it perfect for on-the-go gaming.
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE SWITCH OLED MODEL AND NINTENDO SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER – The Fixture S2 was specifically created for a precise fit with the Nintendo Switch OLED and official Nintendo Pro Controller. No complicated assembly required: Simply mount it to your existing Switch OLED and Pro Controller.
The Fixture S2 Attachment will be made available to purchase on November 16.