Ubisoft officially unveiled a bunch of new details and this week for the next installment of the Far Cry franchise, Far Cry Primal. In addition, Ubisoft also released several new videos showcasing the Beast Master feature, which you can check out in the player below.
In Far Cry Primal, Beast Master is a new feature that allows players to tame predators in the game’s open world and use them as weapons. This includes all manner of beats, from wolves to sabretooth tigers to cave bears and even honey badgers. Players will be able to summon the animals at any moment and use them as they like. With the beasts, players can take down enemies, scout areas or act as a distraction during battles and hunts.
Ubisoft also confirmed the that there will be a Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition with SteelBook, which will be available to purchase in North America. The special deluxe edition will include some special physical extras and a boatload of extra digital content. Here’s the full breakdown of what’s included for the deluxe edition:
- Deluxe Edition with SteelBook (North America)
- Physical Content
- Far Cry Primal game
- Exclusive SteelBook
- Map of Oros
- Official soundtrack
- Digital Content
- Digital content including a complete pack of Legend of the Mammoth missions, new weapon and four enhancement packs.
- Legend of the Mammoth missions: Up to almost 45 minutes of additional gameplay where the player will have the unique opportunity to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth, and feel the power to stomp its enemies and defend its herd from other beasts and humans.
- Duel of beasts: A powerful rhino spirit dares to challenge your might. Battle him and his herd across treacherous cliffs to assert your dominance.
- The trapped elder: Bloodthirsty hunters have trapped your leader. Crash their camp and lead the elder to freedom.
- Hunt the hunter: The time for revenge is now. Lead your herd to crush those who threaten your survival.
- The Blood Shasti Club: A bloodstained club of bone and teeth once wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam. This weapon is unbreakable and cannot be consumed by flame.
- Four enhancement packs: Early access to rare resources and unique customization options.
- Physical Content
Far Cry Primal is scheduled for a February 23, 2016 release. The game will be available for PlayStation and Xbox One on that date. It will hit the Windows PC on March 1. Besides the videos, you can also check out some new screenshots of the game below.