Final Fantasy 11 Patch 5.1 is titled “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty.” We’ve got a trailer, and a loooooong list of features to show you. Let’s get the trailer out of the way first:
As you can see, the new trailer provides a glimpse at the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid that ties FF11 into the world of NIeR. But you’re getting so much more than just another raid. Hit it, Square!
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialog, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- New PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to demonstrate their battle prowess in this competition of territory control.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various changes and tweaks.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
All this will be yours in just a few short days. In addition, we’ve received our first nugget of info about Patch 5.11…it will include “Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard,” an event where players on each world must work together to complete tasks, deliver goods, and restore the Firmament. Hardcore players can look forward to a new Ultimate difficulty raid, “The Epic of Alexander.” But these are tales for another day.
Final Fantasy 11 Patch 5.1 launches on October 29.