SOE made the announcment today that the newest expansion to Everquest is now available.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that EverQuest®: Veil of Alaris — the 18th overall expansion for the highly influential massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) EverQuest (EQ) — is now available at retailers worldwide. Taking off from the storyline set in 2010’s House of Thule, players are invited to journey to the continent of Alaris — a long hidden land of magic where even the Gods are under threat — and witness a side of Norrath they have never seen.
“Having continued for well over a decade, we are very aware of EverQuest‘s place of importance not only in the video game world, but also with pop culture in general,” said Thom Terrazas, lead producer of EverQuest. “As the EQ epic continues to expand through new journeys, storyline twists and in-game features with Veil of Alaris, we find it more and more important to keep the content and on-going saga as rich and compelling as possible while also holding true to the expectations of our incredibly loyal community.”
With the defeat of Cazic Thule and subsequent loss of his powers behind Alaris’ veil, Norrathian God Morell beckons the heroes of Norrath to journey to Alaris and aid in obtaining Cazic’s former powers. Through 13 raids, 20 missions and over 110 quests, players are challenged to navigate a course filled with new unique Alarin characters and creatures while also taking advantage of hundreds of new spells and alternate advancements.
- Go from 90 to 95 – Achieve a new max level of 95 and set a new standard of gameplay
- New Environments – Visit all spectrums through new environments including Argath (Bastion of Illdaera), Erillion (City of Bronze), Rubak Oseka (Temple of the Sea), Sarith (City of Tides) and the visually spectacular Resplendent Temple.
- New Guild Halls – Take guild halls to new heights with new customizable guild-based features including multiple exteriors and interiors and an integration of tools and functionality derived from EverQuest’s robust housing system
- New Guild Rank-Based Permission System – Personalize your guilds with nameable ranks and customizable permissions
- Improved Hotbars – Have better control of your characters experience with a revamp of the Hotbar system
- Parcel & Coin Delivery System – Share profits from your adventures with your friends while they are offline
- New Guild Trophies – Including varying bonuses!
- More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm
- 13 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures
- 12 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath
- 500+ Spells – Exponentially add to your spell arsenal
- 20 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive missions
- 110+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot
- Legends of Norrath™ – Five (5) digital booster packs
Honored at this year’s Game Developers Choice Online Awards, EverQuest was selected as the second overall inductee into the GDC Online Hall of Fame for its contribution to the long-term advancement of online gaming and as a pioneer in major shifts in video game development as a whole.
EverQuest: Veil of Alaris is now available worldwide on PC at the suggested retail price of $39.99 USD for an all-in-one package, including all previous EverQuest expansion packs and in-game items such as a Desert Kangon Saddle, Traveler’s Rucksack and Veil of Alaris painting. The Collector’s Edition is available for $89.99 USD and includes several in-game bonus items:
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BONUS ITEMS:
- Journeyman’s Pocketed Rucksack
One 30-day game subscription is included with each purchase of the game for new subscribers, with monthly subscriptions available thereafter starting at $14.99 USD, with discounts for longer durations.
EverQuest: Veil of Alaris is rated T for Teen by the ESRB with the content descriptors for suggestive themes and the use of alcohol and violence. EverQuest: Veil of Alaris is available for online purchase in North America at Amazon, GameStop, DL Gamer, Direct to Drive and additional participating video game retailers.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!