Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced the availability of The War of Zek, the 61st game update for the legendary PC massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) EverQuest® II. Catapulting players into the next chapter of the Age’s End Prophecy storyline from the Destiny of Velious expansion, the latest update brings challenging new content for all players, including randomized dungeon encounters, a face-to-face showdown with Rallos Zek and an epic prelude event for the return of weakened spirit guides.
Game Update 61 Includes:
- Dynamically Scaling Dungeons:
- “Sabaron’s Palace” and “Silent City: The Delving Dead” provide dynamically scaled content for adventure groups between levels 60 – 90. The encounters found within are randomized to create a unique play experience each time through.
- Plane of War Heroic Dungeon and Raid:
- The Plane of War has both heroic and raid versions. Players can challenge Rallos Zek, the God of War, and foil his plans to steal the power of the twin swords to bring about the destruction of Norrath itself.
- House Ratings System:
- Now you can publish your house in the House Rating System for all to visit and enjoy! Listed houses can be rated by visitors earning trophies, titles and bragging rights.
- Dungeon Finder Match Maker System (to be released in the next week):
- The new Dungeon Finder interface allows players or their group to queue up and find more players to join for dungeon grouping at any level (within the same server). Choose to queue for a random dungeon and gain an XP bonus.
- Beastlord Prelude Event:
- Since the gods have returned, the ties between the spirit world and Norrath are once again strengthening. Spirit guides are trying to return to our world once again, but still lack the strength to do so. Players can offer assistance, taking the first step on a path that may lead to the return of the Beastlords of legend.
- Additional Content:
- All Items Between Levels 20 – 90 Updated
- Velious Dungeon Rare Encounters
- In-Game Browser Optimizations
- A Revamp and Tradeskill AAs now available
- Level 85 Quest to allow Fae and Arasai Characters to Fly
- Gameplay Recorder and YouTube® Uploader
- LON Set 13 Items
- Solo Quest Content for Eastern Wastes Plateaus
The War of Zek Lore:
The bedrock below Drunder trembles as a massive portal bursts open within the fortress walls. The discord of battle heralds the coming of Rallos Zek as he prepares his vast armies to march, first to control Velious and then beyond to rule all of Norrath! You must leave your mortal world behind and prove yourself to the Children of War before you can face Zek in his place of power. Are you strong enough to defeat War itself?
For more information on EverQuest II Game Update 61, visit: //everquest2.com/.