Now that E3 is over, we’re going to be re-capping the glut of information about the key titles that were on show, just in case you missed anything in among the madness. This out our post E3 wrap up covering absolutely everything The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.
Check out all of our E3 “Everything” articles;
Everything Alien: Isolation | Everything Destiny | Everything Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Everything Call of Duty: Advance Warfare | Everything Batman: Arkham Knight | Everything The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | Everything Bloodborne | Everything Assassin’s Creed: Unity | Everything Far Cry 4 | Everything Rainbow Six: Siege
Everything The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Developed by CD Projekt Red | Published by Bandai Namco| Genre Third-Person Action RPG | Release Date 24 February | Platforms PS4, PS3, XBox One, XBox 360, PC
What We Learnt At E3
- Media outlets who have been hands-on with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are calling the game a Skyrim killer – that’s some level of praise.
- US President Barack Obama says he’s not great at games – but was impressed by The Witcher 3.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was delayed into 2015 last month, but the developers insist it won’t be delayed any further.
- The PS4 and XBox One versions “won’t look massively different”.
- The developers have worked hard to decrease load on the GPU by rendering only what can be seen – this should allow them to push some extra effects and juice into the game.
- The level of detail in the game world is said to be extremely superior to any game released on the PS3 or XBox 360.
- Side quests have been designed to tie into the main story without massive differentation.
- When searching for enemies in the wilds of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt , players will have to track them down – just as a real hunter would hunt game.
- Characters in the game will lie to you or hide their true motivations from you until it’s too late.
- In The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, any aftermath from a particular decision will usually happen well after the original events – weeks or months down the line in game time.