Last November Apex Legends introduced Duo Mode: a new way to play matches that paired you with one other person, as opposed to the usual two. It’s possible in other games (like Apex’s direct competition over at Epic) but here it was sadly a limited time event….Duo Mode disappeared after a week.
But now it’s back! We wish we could say “forever,” but it’s another week-length attraction. Duo Mode was re-implemented today in Apex Legends and will last until February 18. The notion is to tie into Valentine’s Day by encouraging you to play with your sweetie, assuming they’re into battle royale.
The event is officially called “Valentine’s Day Rendezvous” and covers more than just a return mode. You can also get double XP in matches for both you and your partner; up to 20,000 a day is possible. There are returning items to get that were offered last Valentine’s, along with some new ones. And if you all you do is log in, you’ll still get something: a Valentines 2020 badge.
What’s in the Valentine’s Day Rendezvous:
- Log-in to collect your Valentines 2020 Badge
- Duos returns for a limited time
- “Double Up” XP Boost – Squad up with a buddy and earn double XP (up to 20k per day)
- New and Returning Valentine’s items
- 2 new Pathfinder and Nessie gun charms
- Return of last year’s “Through the Heart” DMR and “Love of the Game” Banner at discount
Apex Legends is playable now on Playstation 4, XBox One and PC.