Dungeon Delvers, a co-operative dungeon based card game, has launched a Kickstarter campaign in order to finish development on the game. Describing what the game will be like once completed, the developers behind the game said:
“Dungeon Delvers is a 4 Player cooperative card game. Players draw from a dungeon deck in order to fight monsters, gaining treasures and leveling up. At the bottom floor of the dungeon lurks a boss, defeat the boss to win!”
In the Kickstarter campaign, the developers have included a sort of “how-to” in regards to playing the game, with the campaign saying:
- Each player chooses a character class and gets a deck of 10 cards unique to that class.
- Players draw from the dungeon deck, which can either contain monster encounters, treasure, or other surprises.
- During a battle, players take turns attacking monsters using cards from their specialized character decks.
- At the end of a battle, treasure is gained and players can decide among themselves who gets what.
- Treasure cards consist of armor, weapons, consumable items, and new techniques to add to the player decks.
- After each battle, players go deeper into the dungeon until they reach the boss room. The deeper you delve, the stronger monsters become.
- If the team defeats the boss, the game is over and the players win.
Describing why they decided to Kickstart Dungeon Delvers, the developers said:
“The game is near completion but we need your help to get it off the ground and to get the word out. We are very confident that this game will be a fun experience for friends who already love games such as Dungeons & Dragons and Munchkin. By backing us you will help us pay to print, distribute, and market the game.”
As of the time of writing, the game has $931 of a $5,000 goal raised from 21 backers. You can find the game on Kickstarter here.