Replicade specializes in miniaturizing the world’s most popular arcade classics to pencil size. These devices not only look nifty displayed on your desk, they are fully playable. They’ve produced twelve-inch replicas of the Asteroids, Tempest and Street Fighter cabinets, and now they’ve turned their attention to 1983’s Dragon’s Lair.
Despite its size, the Replicade contains everything the original cabinet did…the trapezoidal marquee, the digital score displays, the attract mode on an endless loop. While the Kickstarter campaign for these things was a massive success, delays occurred in production (the original date of release was March 2020, but…yeah). It’s out now, though.
Replicade’s commitment to detail here is so obsessive, the Dragon’s Lair cabinet includes a mini replica of the Laserdisc player installed in the back that powered the thing. Just open the back panel and you can remove the plastic Laserdisc model, and even insert a tiny facsimile of the Dragon’s Lair disc.
- Plays the original Dragon’s Lair arcade game running on Daphne LaserDisc Emulator
- Fully functional secondary scoreboard displays player’s scores, lives, and credits
- Traditional 4:3 aspect ratio on a gorgeous 4.2-inch screen
- Arcade Operator’s menu featuring dip switch settings and cabinet controls
- Miniaturized 1/6-scale control panel featuring a ball-top joystick and authentic action buttons
- Cabinet constructed from premium materials: wood, metal, and plastic
- Raised letter metal coin door with storage compartment
- Illuminated marquee and LED cabinet accents
- Signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control
- High-resolution cabinet art (professionally reproduced by EscapePod) on quality 3M vinyl overlays
- Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- HDTV connectivity
- USB controller support
The Dragon’s Lair Replicade is now available on NewWaveToys.com for $119.99. For more information and to see the replica in action, check out this video from YouTube channel Metal Jesus Rocks….