Minecraft meets Dragon Quest (not officially) in Square Enix’s Dragon Quest Builders 2, available now on PS4.
It’s the sequel to the hit 2016 original, and you’ll find the same building mechanics within it, but you’ll experience an all-new story with new characters and a different world. Also, for the first time, Square has included an online multiplayer mode where up to four players can unite to build structures at record pace.
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before,
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming and dashing through the expansive world,
- Inspire villagers to help out alongside them,
- Create their own farms and raise a multitude of crops,
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes,
- First-person mode and more.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 costs a hefty sixty bucks, but if you feel like spending more than that, both the Season Pass and the Digital Deluxe Edition will grant you three extra DLC packs. They are basically the same cost (Season Pass is $20.99 on top of the original $60, while Digital Deluxe is $79.99 by itself).
- Hotto Stuff Pack – Includes more than 40 recipes to help players design and decorate structures in the style of the Hotto Steppe – a popular resting area in a distant land. Players will also gain access to an all-new island with the materials needed to build these new recipes.
- Aquarium Pack – In this new pack, a fishing island awaits players where they can learn how to catch and breed 40 different fish that can be added to their own DIY aquarium. Unlock an additional tool, the fishing rod, as well as customization options and apparel fit for a waterbound adventure.
- Modernist Pack – This set includes over 70 recipes for modern-looking structures, hairstyles and clothing. Build a luxury hotel, modern condominiums and more with the largest new set of recipes yet.
Get to building, slackers — Dragon Quest Builders 2 is available now on PS4.