One of the drawbacks in moving forward with Destiny for the latest expansion, The Taken King, is that a lot of the old gear players grinded away to get quickly became obsolete. Various weapons you worked so hard to get were not as high level as they were before. The Ice Breaker could no longer raise your Light Level to a more competitive range. However, that is soon all about to change. On the official Destiny Instagram account, Bungie has revealed various weapons and gear that are getting Year Two upgrades that will go into affect for the game’s upcoming December update.
Here is the full list (via Gamespot) of upgraded weapons and armor that now have more competitive levels for The Taken King expansion.
- Mida Multi-Tool (scout rifle)
- Plan C (fusion rifle)
- Dragon’s Breath (rocket launcher)
- Super Good Advice (machine gun)
- No Land Beyond (sniper rifle)
- Hard Light (auto rifle)
- Nothing Manacles (Warlock gauntlets)
- The Armamentarium (Titan chest)
- ATS/8 Tarantella (Hunter chest)
- Peregrine Greaves (Titan legs)
- Apotheosis Veil (Warlock helmet)
- Radiant Dance Machines (Hunter legs)
- Achlyophage Symbiote (Hunter helmet)
- Twilight Garrison (Titan chest)
- Bones of Eao (Hunter legs)
The Year Two versions of the weapons will be available starting with the game’s December update next month. They can be earned just like other Exotic items ,and they will be up for sale through kiosks at the Tower.