A free update to AtomicTorch’s sci-fi multiplayer survival RPG Cryofall has added dedicated PvE (player vs. enemy) servers to the game. This means if you choose to play the non-competitive mode, you should have a smoother time of it. The PvP (player vs. player) mode is not being neglected either and recent adjustments have made the gameplay more fair, such as 7-10 PM local time raiding window so that the ones being raided have a chance to defend themselves.
Cryofall is a multiplayer experience set on a distant planet and populated by competitive settlers. Each planet can have up to 200 astronaut castaways roaming around. Survival doesn’t mean just gathering supplies and crafting items….it means forging alliances with others. But who can you really trust?
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining and lithium extraction.
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi).
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc. and diverse cooking options.
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions rather than just combat.
- Economy with coin minting, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully handcrafted maps and locations (plus map editor).
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration.
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.).
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g., bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.).
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing.
Cryofall is now on Steam Early Access for $19.99, and the game will continue to grow as it approaches completion. AtomicTorch has made their development roadmap public, so you can see what is planned in the near future.