Itzy Interactive gave the world another look at their upcoming FPS Mad Devils today. The game will utilize motion comic cutscenes, and the first of these was shared in the latest trailer below. The gritty art style is courtesy of the project’s lead concept artist, David Murdoch.
“David’s an exceptional talent,” says Itzy’s studio founder Kyle Kulyk. “He was originally hired to provide artwork for the motion comics that make up the Mad Devils’ cut-scenes, but his role exploded. He’s reshaped the characters, taken on level design and over the course of the last two years, scored music.”
Even though there are plenty of mad devils in Mad Devils, that’s not where the game gets its name…the Mad Devils are an elite team of supersoldiers who were tasked with stopping the evil Major Strauss from opening a portal to hell and summoning an army of demons to turn the tide of World War II in the Axis’ favor. Unfortunately, they couldn’t get there in time to stop Strauss from opening the portal, so they’ll have to mow down a mountain of monsters to get to it. The game can be played solo (with an AI partner) or co-op online or locally.
- Play as one of six unique characters with their own upgradable weapons and powers.
- Fight side-by-side with either a friend or AI squad mate, on or offline.
- Enjoy a rich story campaign penned by UK author, Dr. Greg Buchanan, whose credits include No Man’s Sky: Atlas Rises, Paper Brexit and Metro Exodus.
- Use upgradeable demonic powers and WWII inspired weaponry as you wage war against the Nazi.
- Unique cover system, a mix of levels with procedurally generated areas and destructible set pieces.
Mad Devils will be out sometime in the second quarter of 2021. You can wishlist the game now on Steam. Through the same link, you can request to playtest the game — beta testing is currently open to anyone.