Fans of twin-stick “bullet hell” shooters will be interested in BulletRage, a new arcade-style overhead shoot-em-up from developer Chimera One Games.
BulletRage has been in development for three years and has a boatload of features and collectible weapons to show for it. There’s a 40-level campaign mode, a co-op system that supports four players both online or in the room, and competitive PVP modes including Fortress Battle Mode, Endless Mode (which utilizes an infinite number of randomized dungeons), and Gauntlet Mode (“aimed for fans of speedrunning,” says Chimera). More modes could be added if stretch goals are hit.
If you just want a copy of the game, it takes a $15 pledge. If you’d like to play sooner rather than later, access to the closed beta can be gained by pledging $37. Higher tiers get you goodies like the soundtrack, an artbook, and special skins and taunts exclusive to Kickstarter backers.
- 5 difficulties fine-tuned for casual to competitive gameplay
- Up to 4 players with local or online multiplayer co-op
- Compete against others online in various PvP modes
- Twitch and Mixer MixPlay Extension Mode: audiences can unleash deadly enemies and even unlock unique gameplay and paths
- Giant boss fights of epic proportions
- Weapon socket system with millions of weapon combinations
- More than 40 hand-crafted levels in campaign mode
- Infinite replay with special randomly generated dungeons offering daily and weekly challenges
- Acquire achievements to unlock player skins and secret weapons
- Use the built-in level editor to create levels you can share with the world
- Dozens of exciting arcade power-ups and unique enemies
- Cross-platform leaderboards
Contribute to the BulletRage Kickstarter by heading here. The campaign has just begun and has 29 days to go.