Bad Pad, a retro platformer being co-developed by Oray Studios, has gotten a trailer, as well as a free playable demo. You can watch the trailer for the game below. Describing the game, Avishay Mizrav – the co-developer and creator of the game – said that he got the inspiration for the game from games from his childhood, saying:
“Bad Pad is a retro platformer game I am making based on memories and experiences I’ve had growing up playing video games, staying true to those game styles.The story is about a boy, a video game and a gamepad, or more accurately it’s buttons who come to life inside the video game after the boy smashed the gamepad into his TV in frustration for not being able to get past a hard level.
“You play as ◻, he and O are in love and △ is their best friend, X unfortunately got badly cracked in the incident and he became daaaarkerrr, eeeviiilllerr, crrrrraazzzzzier, booowwwaaaaa. So, crazy, scary and vicious evil X kidnapped O and △ and now he is threatening to take over all network games and rule his terror in them!”
Although not completely developed, the game is set to have a number of features, including:
- Diverse gameplay with cart riding levels, submarine levels, spaceship levels and more.
- 3 mini classic arcade games.
- Original and new guitar driven music composed and preformed by Avishay Mizrav
- Cool retro graphics and feel.
- 4 floors, 16 levels, more than 150 scenes to explore!
- 10 epic boss levels.
- Use of physics and changing gravity.
- Solve environmental puzzles.
- One item based inventory system, hey a button doesn’t have pockets, deal with it.
- Tight controls and game mechanics + gamepad support.