Publisher Hitcents has announced A Robot Named Fight! Released first on Steam in 2017, where it received high praise, the sidescroller is now heading to Nintendo Switch (and Windows Store the same day). Look for it April 26!
In A Robot Named Fight! you play as the titular robot, searching a scorched Earth for weapons while on a mission to defeat the fleshy monster of a thousand mouths known as the Megabeast. The game will cost $12.99, and its soundtrack is available separately for $13.99.
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth or suffer permadeath.
- Take on over 70 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 100 items.
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting previous saves.
- Replay your favorite runs using seeds.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
The version that launches on Switch next week is the latest version, containing content the original PC version did not launch with. The new additions include seeded runs, more interesting ways to combine weapons and power-ups, and a new secret ending. Try to find it!
A Robot Named Fight! was created by a large sprawling corporation known as Matt Bitner Games, populated by one solitary man named Matt Bitner. He has a wife named Kayla Dowdy and his longtime dream was to make a Metroidvania-styled game, which he has now done. He is currently employed in Deadpool’s X-Force.