Everyone loves Metroidvanias, except for those who are evil. Korean games studio NEOPOPCORN Corp will be releasing 3000th Duel, their lovingly crafted exploration sidescroller, on Switch next week. The game was previously published on Steam, and refined over several months from fan feedback in Early Access.
As you guide your amnesiac hero through over 300 connected biomes, you’ll run into giant, intimidating bosses, and when they’re not around, you’ll have over 150 unique monsters to contend with. “3000th Duel is addressed to Metroidvania lovers and fans of dark fantasy movie classics such as Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” says Kiuk Kim, CEO or NEOPOPCORN Corp.
Kim also says the Switch version of 3000th Duel can be purchased at a significant discount if it’s preordered on the eShop between now and when it comes out. Since the game’s already on Steam, you may be able to find a video playthrough and decide if it’s for you.
- Lead a masked hero with no memory, and discover something terrifying about his true identity.
- Explore a huge world with more than 300 organically connected biomes.
- Encounter 150+ monsters and final bosses.
- Use blade-based, sword-based and lance-based attacks.
- Collect Occults spread all over the map to use the Forbidden Magic.
- Build each player’s main character into one’s prefered battle type.
Journey through the complete 3000th Duel when it arrives February 19 on Nintendo Switch.