Last summer Free League Publishing released Vaesen, a tabletop RPG based in Nordic folklore and the old myths of Scandinavia. Today they’ve announced the game is officially available in virtual form, thanks to a partnership with Fantasy Grounds. Both the core game and its expansion A Wicked Secret & Other Mysteries are playable online, provided you have a Fantasy Grounds subscription or purchase a one-time license.
In Vaesen, you and your friends play paranormal investigators in the 19th century who happen to be somewhat paranormal themselves. You have the gift known as “the Sight” which means you can spot extradimensional phenomena that would be invisible to most people. Usually, this will take the form of horrible monsters you’ll be forced to do battle with. But it’s all in a day’s work.
Vaesen is based on the creations of Swedish illustrator and author Johan Egerkrans, and was written by Nils Hintze who also wrote Free League’s Tales From The Loop.
Vaesen presents a dark Gothic setting steeped in Nordic folklore and old myths of Scandinavia. In the Vaesen RPG, the players step into the roles of 19th century investigators in the Mythic North. They have all been born with the Sight, and are able to see what normal people cannot. Embarking on journeys to remote villages in the wilderness, the players will uncover the secrets of the Mythic North. Armed with nothing but their courage, conviction, and ability to see the supernatural, they will face the creatures of the forest.
The digital edition of Vaesen for Fantasy Grounds includes:
- Three modules – Player Section, Gamemaster Section and The Dance of Dreams adventure
- Token module with 133x tokensThe core 10x archetypes, 12x skills, 54x talents
- More than 100x weapons, armor, gear and services to pick from
- 49x Facilities and Personnel for the Headquarters
- High-resolution images of sceneries, maps, portraits and vaesens from the rulebook
- 21x NPCs, 10x animals and 22x vaesens
- 33x rollable tables
- Combat tracker automation for close and ranged combats
- User Manual delivered as .pdf file And more…