Warhammer Chaosbane is almost upon us! In a matter of days the action-RPG will launch on consoles and PC — a bit earlier if you shelled out for the Super Duper Calafragilistic Collectors Limited Edition Thing. But publisher Bigben and developer Eko Software want you to know that the end of the game isn’t really the END of the game. They have their DLC plans all roadmapped out, and today they shared it all with us.
- Once the main quest is finished, the player will be able to restart with a new character while keeping everything they’ve previously unlocked: crafting, fragments, money, etc.
- Additionally, finishing the game will unlock different endgame modes:
- Expedition mode: the best way to start a fast game, alone or with friends, in randomly-generated levels.
- Relic hunt: the player may purchase a map from the Collector’s Guild in order to get access to a dungeon which offers several difficulty levels and lets players collect heroic gear.
- Boss Rush: lets you confront the campaign bosses as quickly as possible in order to test builds and gear.
- Regular updates available for everyone:
- The first will add a difficulty level and new gear.
- Then a permanent death mode will be added.
- A new heroic set for each of the heroes and extra difficulty levels.
- An increase to maximum character level.
- Paid updates (included with the Season Pass):
- The first DLC will offer new emotes and a passive skill letting you increase the chances of finding heroic items.
- The following DLC will then add a passive skill letting you more easily find God fragments, as well as an alternative God skill tree for each character.
- The third DLC will contain new companions for all playable characters.
- The fourth DLC will contain an entirely new story, told through a new act, separate from the main campaign, taking place in never-before-seen environments. This time, instead of the forces of Chaos, you’ll face off against ancient undead evil in the form of the Tomb Kings.
Warhammer Chaosbane should keep you busy for a long time. It officially launches June 4 for Playstation 4, XBox One and PC.