Troglobytes Games has launched the Kickstarter campaign for Hyper Parasite! The goal is $29,000, earmarked to speed up completion and aid the console ports. A $12 pledge guarantees you a DRM-free copy, but as of this writing, the Early Bird tier that lists the game for just $8 still has open slots.
“We’re really excited to finally be on Kickstarter with our game, and hope that the Pre-Alpha build showcases the game that HyperParasite will be when finished.” says Saverio Caporusso, CEO of Troglobytes Games. “We hope that our fans sample the game and then pledge on the campaign. Our Discord channel is now live and we really look forward to hearing from you all on what you think of our game!”
Hyper Parasite is an overhead shooter-slash-brawler that lets you seize control of 60 different playable characters, each with their own unique weapons and abilities, during World War III in the 1980s. As Hyper Parasite you’ll traverse across 13 levels of insanity, facing off against relentless bosses, plus several mini-bosses backing them up.
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable classic 1980s characters to Body-Snatch so that you can utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D visual style that harks back to the Nintendo 64 and the PlayStation era
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapons includes – cops+guns, werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens+acid spit and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
There’s more….there’s a demo! You can now go to Steam and download a sample of Hyper Parasite, based on the pre-alpha build of the game.
Hyper Parasite is coming to all modern game-playing machines in 2019….Switch, PS4, PC and XBox One. You’ve got two choices: support this game, or the parasite will make you do it anyway.