The Culling, the hit battle royale game from developers Xaviant currently on Steam Early Acces, is set to get a major content update by the end of the month. Starting April 27, the hunt gets kicked up a notch with the Trials of the Isle update, bringing new features like private lobbies, female playable characters, and special Trials Matches, as well as additional items to use or show off on the island.
The Trials of the Isle update for The Culling is set to add a number of new features, including:
- Private lobbies – Create and join private lobbies to play free-for-all matches with friends
- Female playable character – Play as a female contestant with an extensive suite of customization options
- Trials Matches – Use Trial Tokens awarded for wins participate in weekly free-for-all Trials Matches (weekends only) against other winners for a chance to score exclusive loot
- New customization items – Spice up your gear with new shirt designs by Filthy Casual and Design by Humans as well as limited edition hats
- New weapons – Spray even more blood on the island with the Crafted Cudgel (Tier 1 Bludgeon) and the mighty Trident (Tier 4 Spear)
- Additional perks – Experiment with new perks like Dig Deep and Angry Octopus―yeah, we don’t know either
- SteamOS support – Spread mayhem at your desk and in your living room
- New lighting and significant optimization
- Improvements to balance and stability
With only twenty minutes to scavenge, craft weapons, and hunt down the other contestants, The Culling provides a thrilling survival experience as the first standalone entry in the battle royale genre. Prepare for skill-testing, slaughter-filled matches as players give it their all to survive. Sixteen enter, but only one can come out alive. As a contestant in the deadly game of The Culling, you must explore, scavenge items, craft weapons, and build traps that will enable you to slay your fellow contestants and emerge victorious before the end of the round. Only with cunning, skill, and a little luck will you be able to prevail and survive the match.
You can find the game on Steam Early Access here.