“The best stuff is made in Japan,” or so Marty McFly says in Back to the Future, Part III. Well it looks like Street Fighter fans in Japan are about to treated to some keen special editions for Street Fighter. Per EventHubs, it looks like the Japanese fans are going to have access to some nice special collector’s editions for Street Fighter V later this year. The special editions for the latest installment of the fighting game franchise were revealed on Capcom’s online Japan store. This includes the Street Fighter V Volcanic Edition, which costs 12,990 yen (about $108.80). The other is the Street Fighter V Valuable Edition, which is priced at 11,990 yen ($100.40). There are not yet any details if either version will be released outside of Japan.
Here’s the full lineup of features for the Valuable Edition release:
- Visionary book which features developer interviews
- Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, and M. Bison costumes
- Vital box (box for the game featuring special art and a move list)
- Code for 1,000 Zeni (in-game currency)
- Director’s edition colours for all characters
- DVD with 60-minute guide for the game presented by Ryuichi “Woshige” Shigeno, who served as battle planner on the game
- The pricier Volcanic Edition will include all of the above, as well as exclusive costumes for Ryu and Chun-Li, an exclusive in-game title, and additional Zeni. Both editions will be available on the same day the game launches in Japan on February 18 this year for the PlayStation 4 and PC.
The Volcanic Edition for the game will contain everything listed above along with special, exclusive costumes for Ryu and Chun-Li, an exclusive in-game title and the additional character Zeni. Both editions will be available in Japan the day the game launches next month for PlayStation 4 and PC.
Street Fighter V hits the shelves in North America on February 16. The game will be a console exclusive on PlayStation 4, and it will also be available for Windows PC. You can also check out a picture of the special editions below.