When Apple Arcade launched on September 19, Sega was there with two surprise releases: one we’re about to discuss in the next post, and one starring Sonic. The nameless game was an original, but the Sonic game — Sonic Racing — very much resembles Team Sonic Racing which released for consoles last May.
You can consider Sonic Racing a different version of that game. It is mostly the same thing, but contains a few new tracks. Those who don’t own Team Sonic Racing can get the same experience on Apple Arcade with this version…all features have been ported.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Apple for the launch of Apple Arcade,” says Mike Evans, SVP, Mobile and Digital Strategy at SEGA of America. “The service lifts the lid on innovation and has enabled some incredible new experiences for classic SEGA brands. I hope our fans and their families enjoy playing for generations to come.”
• 15 tracks split across 5 Zones
• Build your ideal team from 15 characters from the Sonic universe
• 15 spectacular power ups (Wisps) to help overcome rival teams and get ahead
• Practice mode, online multiplayer with global matchmaking, private races with friends
• Event participation will grant rewards – Challenges will allow even more rewards!
Sonic Racing is playable now on Apple Arcade, accessible on any Apple device for $4.99 a month.