Coffee Stain Studios is launching the next big patch for Sanctum which brings 4-player multi-player among other things to the table. “We’re really excited about adding support for up to 4 players and to see what impact it will have on the game longevity” says Anton Westbergh, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “We have put a lot of hard work into this patch, but our fans convinced us that is was the right thing to do” Anton continues.
The new stronger multi-player support has been worked on since the release of the game, and a lot of technical issues have been resolved to make this happen. Among the biggest problems has been to retain a decent performance even on slower connections, due to the very high amount of actors in the game. “We think we have done a pretty good job, with both optimizing the net and the game itself”
Marcus Rännare, lead programmer fills in.
A complete list of changes can be found on the Steam forums, but below is a short version holding the most important fixes and additions!
Major new features
• 4-player support!
• You can now play all multi-player games and all maps with up to 3 friends!
• Wave Limited single & multi-player modes
• Challenge based, where you pick the amount of waves you want to try to beat and the desired difficulty.
• Endless Single-Player
• You can finally play the endless mode even in single-player
• Turbo Mode
• Play with huge amounts of cash! Enemies will scale accordingly so expect some fast and ferocious action!
• Updated Server Browser
• More filter options
• Possibility to see full games (no more empty server list)
• Bug fixes and performance increase
For the latest information about Sanctum, visit the game page located at //www.sanctumgame.com
Follow Coffee Stain Studios on..