Samurai Riot, an upcoming action-adventure game from developers Wako Factory, has launched on Steam Greenlight, with the Greenlight page also receiving a number of new images and screenshots from the game. Described as a “2D cooperative Beat’em up Arcade game with a twist,” the game lets players play as Sukane or Tsurumaru, two charismatic warriors torn between their duty and beliefs and follow your own way of honor through multiple scenarios and story endings. You can watch a trailer for the game below.
Wako Factory have described the plot of Samurai Riot as:
“You’ve been hired to bring an end to the Civil War. Knowing that the outcome of the conflict depends on your own choices, will you choose to honor your duty, or will you choose to fight for your beliefs? As one of the many forces to fight in the Civil War you incarnate either Sukane, the enigmatic Ninja hired under obscure circumstances, or Tsurumaru, the honorable Samurai always eager to demonstrate his sword-fighting techniques and his loyalty to the Great Master.”
Samurai Riot also has a number of features, including:
- 2D Arcade gameplay
- A unique cooperative system with devastating combined attacks
- Multi-branching storyline leading to 8 different endings
- Strong replay value: change your gameplay by choosing between various fighting schools
- Charismatic heroes with strong personalities and an arsenal of deadly attacks at their disposal
- A mix of traditional and futuristic influences for characters, art & music
- Speed-run friendly
Wako Factory has also said that the plot of the game has a number of unique features, including:
- Multiple scenarios leading to 8 story endings: the branching gameplay system never interferes with the game action.
- Deep moral choices: you are prompted to take quick, clear but crucial decisions, greatly impacting your destiny.
- In the co-op mode, the story involves both players equally: you either make team-based choices or you enter a PVP fight against your partner to win the lead.
You can find Samurai Riot on Steam Greenlight here.