If you’ve been reading-up on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 during the last month or two, you’ll know that Katsuhiro Harada’s forthcoming beat ’em up (which launches on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this week) will give players a more-than-generous 55 fighters to do battle with. However, if new rumours are correct, the largest combatant roster in Tekken history could in fact be even bigger.
According to the Cardinal Perception forums, user ‘DarkPriest’ explains eloquently that “the game got leaked” and someone mined the disc data to unearth code pertaining to six unannounced characters.
- Miharu Hirano (who made an appearance in Tekken 4 as an alternate costume for Ling Xiaoyu – her best friend, apparently)
- Doctor Boskonovitch (a Russian scientist that has cameod in almost every Tekken game, but is playable only in Tekken 3)
- Slim Bob (Bob from Tekken 6, just slimmer)
- Sebastian (butler to Lili de Rochefort)
- Violet (Lee Chaolan’s metrosexual alter ego, who appeared in Tekken 4 as Lee’s alternate costume)
- Unknown (the playable version)
Thus far, no one has been able to confirm whether these characters are unlockable via natural player progression, or if they will be released later as DLC – hopefully for free. Whatever the answer, learning about the existence of these additional brawlers has certainly brightened our Monday morning.
We have contacted Namco Bandai Games for comment, so keep coming back to The Paranoid Gamer for updates.
UPDATE (September 10th, 2012): We’ve managed to track down a screenshot that confirms the six named above are definitely real. Fancy a peek?