Developer Scorpius has introduced their roguelite RPS, PositronX, to Steam Early Access.
Humanity is looking to the stars, and has sent a team of robots called The Machine Swarm to colonize the planet Kepler and make it inhabitable. When the first humans arrived on Kepler, though, they found something a bit amiss. The overseeing AI, named Turing, was supposed to keep everything in order, but it has of course turned evil.
This is the situation you’ve been tasked with solving. But you truly won’t know what to expect. Areas are randomly generated, and items and enemies are randomly placed. What you DO have on your side are futuristic implants that grant you mastery over time and space. With the Time implant, it doesn’t matter how many times you fail, because you can rewind time and bounce right back. Other powers include flying, wall jumping and teleporting; the longer your survive, the more powers you can collect.
- Rogue-lite game mechanics. Randomly generated levels, items, and enemies. You will never play the same game twice.
- 4 playable characters called Positrons. Each with their very own characteristics.
- A special player progression system called Turing Progression System (TPS)
- Various Imprints and Implants to customize your character – fully upgradable mind-blowing abilities that your character can acquire, each with their own modifiers.
- 15 weapons with various upgrades – all having two different firing modes, each with their own modifier.
- Game Modifiers that help to change the rules of the game to get an even more unique experience.
- Local Leaderboards. Compete with your friends and other players!
PositronX is available now on Steam Early Access. In the months ahead, hundreds of new implant powers will be added to the game, as well as more playable characters, new areas, enemies and more.